Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What's happening to me?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 11:35 PM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hard Ride
I know just what you mean...I ride a 13 King loaded and am wanting a 15 Tri but am afraid of the harsh ride and the gps info center...was over at trike talk and got a quick peek at the new flh kit for the Harley...wanted a hannigan before but now maybe even more...each his own but if it had been me your 06 brandywine 120 would have been a hannigan...I know you must like the ride of the hannigan wing...

Harsh ride?? GPS info center?? Reasons to not buy a TriGlide?? Dude, go test drive one. Someone is filling your head full of BS. TriGlides have a great ride.
And that great ride can be tuned to the way you like it. Quit listening to the haters, go find out for yourself and change your life for the better.

I find it almost comedic that those who were around with their first generation TriGlides, who had to lean on each other so much to find solutions to the shortcomings of the earlier trikes, now would just rather move on than admit that Harley listened to them and made it better. I'd love to see them stay around and continue to be helpful and supportive but if all they want to do is whine...Via con Dios.

Last edited by TwinCooled; 07-28-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:30 AM
Bubba49
Road Master
Received 420 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I agree with M3. We were part of the ground floor which got the Triglide section started and since then there are folks that are so arrogant they stroll down LOVERS LANE THEMSELF. I know I will not be missed so I will not be visiting this section of the board anymore. Have nice day folks. It has been fun in the past but not anymore. It even troubles me even more when someone berates the Moderator in the open forum and they are not banned. It would have been better in a PM.
You'll be missed by me. I'm sorry to see you go, but I understand. I've started hanging out on another forum a lot more than here because of a few folks who think their opinions are the only opinions that count. I chose not to leave HD forums only because I could use the ignore list just as effectively as leaving. It's sad when one individual can cause so much hate and discontent.....

Bubba

Old 07-29-2014, 07:51 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Harsh ride?? GPS info center?? Reasons to not buy a TriGlide?? Dude, go test drive one. Someone is filling your head full of BS. TriGlides have a great ride.
And that great ride can be tuned to the way you like it. Quit listening to the haters, go find out for yourself and change your life for the better.
I have test ridden a 2014 Tri, and have done a lot of riding on a friends 2014 Limited. There is not a lot of difference in the ride and handling. The 2014 has a bit more power due I'm sure to the cam upgrade. The Limited seemed a bit cooler without having to remove the cat. The GPS sucks compared to the 660 Zumo.

My friend's Limited has been in the shop 2 time in 7,000 miles for handling problems. Once involving tires and once for steering head problems.

So, don't be throwing out the "I have no experience with the newer bikes". I do, and while I find them nice enough, they are not the end all you try to make them out to be.

I guess I can now be your whipping boy since you seem to need someone to rag on while you stomp on your soap box, and you managed to run off a couple of pretty good guys.

Bill

Last edited by billnourse; 07-29-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:25 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let's try to get along in the sandbox together The wife just made a fresh pitcher of Kool Aid, so I have to go get my daily dose!

Old 07-29-2014, 04:56 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

WOW, I go away for a couple of weeks and things happen! Hope there are more threads about fun rides, great overnights, and long trip adventures. Getting kind of old with all the complaints. If 'newbies' just did a search there wouldn't be umpteen threads about exhaust heat, wind buffeting, etc.

Old Mike, saw you on a couple of other boards, hope to run into you again.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:55 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by RAP
Good post Kevin, and how true it is. It took a while for me to warm up to some of the new gadgets and what nots that is on these newer bikes/trikes. But once you get use to them, you don't want to be without them.
Yeah, weird how that works. Took me a long time to move to CD's, now I'm really enjoying MP3 over the CD's.

I'd still rather have a carb, but I know my way around EFI fairly well now and am comfortable with it.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-29-2014, 07:58 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by screwball
Hope there are more threads about fun rides, great overnights, and long trip adventures.
Hey Steve,

Marys' almost done with the video of our putt up to Indiana and back about 10 days ago. Should have it posted up soon. Had a great time!

Old 07-29-2014, 08:08 PM
screwball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Kevin, Looking forward to 'watching' you trip. We were planning a trip up the coast into Canada in September, but having some major work done on the house that may not be finished in time.

Old 07-30-2014, 12:32 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by screwball
Kevin, Looking forward to 'watching' you trip. We were planning a trip up the coast into Canada in September, but having some major work done on the house that may not be finished in time.
Hope the house gets done & you get to make it up there.

We were planning on visiting our granddaughter in Montana this summer, then head up for more BC, Canada exploration. Various scheduling conflicts put a nix on that. Planning to make it up there next year!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:31 AM
MCHOGG
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Went for a short ride yesterday. I have been trying to figure out the 6.5 Information system, yesterday I figured out how to silence toe GPS and Bluetooth songs from my IPhone. Life is good.
Remember when the Bluetooth ear bugs came out and you were in a store and saw and heard someone talking on one, wait until you pull into a business and are talking on the phone you gett the same strange looks.

Quick Reply: What's happening to me?!?!?