Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

What's happening to me?!?!?

Old 07-17-2014, 12:46 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts
Arrow What's happening to me?!?!?

I've been riding for close to 50 years.

As recently as 8 years ago-

I would have never thought I would own an EFI bike.

I would have never thought I would use Cruise Control

Even 3 years ago I told Mary I don't need any heated gear

Now, I own 3 EFI bikes, love using cruise control, and wonder why I didn't get heated gear years ago!

Fast forward to Today-

As of yesterday I had never used GPS in my life. (I have seen my Mary use it)

Today, I had a print out of the map and instructions for our ride (5 states and 480 miles, with lots of turns on secondary roads) This is my normal way of navigating ever since I can remember (of course, they used to be photocopies or notes on scrap paper).

I had read on the forum that the HD GPS was not good for trips with multiple stops, but was ok for navigating from one stop to the next.

So I pushed that button and entered in the city where I anticipated my first gas stop to be....ended up doing that at each of the gas stops for the entire day.

WOWOWOW! I like it!

So much better than stopping to look at the map, or Mary trying to read it at 60 mph and then try and tell me what the next turn should be.

It may not be a good system when compared to others...but it did me good today and I plan on continuing to use it!

Oh, and one town we were in...we rode thru the whole town and did not see a single gas station...so I pulled over and did the POI thing...it then guided me to the gas station of my choice, 1.4 miles away.

Also used it to find a Super 8 when we decided to stop for the day.

If I did not still enjoy riding my sporty, scraping the pegs, pulling wheelies, doing burn-outs, doing powerslides, and generally tearing around, I would be pretty worried about myself. lol

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-17-2014, 01:20 AM
ELVISTO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fantastic Kevin, Welcome to the 21st century, I know where you're coming from,
I have to smile at myself sometimes, I love the new technology ,and the TG has most of it on, what with Bluetooth, sat nav, cruise, radio, heated grips I pods etc etc At 71 years old my riding pals think i'm a bit of an odd ball,

But guess who's always in the lead when we do a new run out, it's follow the old guy with the sat nav,

And when I use the TG, which is most of the time this summer, I get the odd comment ,You sure do shift on that thing, we have trouble keeping up at times,

I sure do love my Tri Glide, with all its bells and whistles, I heard yesterday from my dealer, he'd sold 7 Tri Glides since its introduction to the UK this year, he has a couple of people waiting, and he was saying about 55 Tri Glides have been sold in the UK IN 2014,

Old 07-17-2014, 05:43 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Sounds great, yeah the built in GPS is not the best setup, but it's better than a stick in the eye...it's a learning curve, the more you use it, the easier it'll become to you.
I'm a gadget guy, love the stuff, don't always understand them...

And yes, Gerbings is one of the best motorcycle accessories I have ever bought....

Old 07-17-2014, 07:05 AM
Raxus
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Lots of complaints on here about the GPS, but you know what? It does me right so I have no complaints! I truly love my '14. One of the best Harley's I have ever owned!

Rax

Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Soon, those that don't own one will be along to tell you all the reasons why.

I have had mine now for 10 months and am quite pleased with it also.

Old 07-17-2014, 05:04 PM
Merri1
Cruiser

Like you, I'm enjoying the heck out of my '14 TG.
A couple of weeks ago I had a family reunion of sorts on an island in Maine. once across the bridge, it was mostly dirt roads and some were just barely paths. I used the gps and it brought me right to the cottege at the waters edge. And just as important, it got me out of there and back to more 'normal' roads just as easy.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:13 AM
kodiak
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Been riding for 49 years and never, ever thought I would be riding three wheels. Medical reasons caused me to reconsider and hada 2014 for one month and so far can't find a thing wrong with it. The technical aspects of it are a little confusing at times, but all in all I have not had any of the problems recounted on this site. I guess I just love the ride more than worrying about any problems.

Old 07-18-2014, 05:24 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
Soon, those that don't own one will be along to tell you all the reasons why.

I have had mine now for 10 months and am quite pleased with it also.

You must be pivot man.

Old 07-18-2014, 07:21 AM
v2plus15
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if all those folks that have complained about the Boom Box Infotainment system have been through the interactive guide at http://boombox.harley-davidson.com/p...global_presets to learn how to use it. It may not have all the options of the Garmin Zumo systems but it does everything that I need it to do.One thing I really like over the 3 Zumos that I have owned is I can actually see the screen in bright sunlight.

Old 07-19-2014, 01:10 AM
TwinCooled
Banned

Originally Posted by msocko3
You must be pivot man.
And what could we call you?
Haters gonna hate. It's actually quite sad to see.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What's happening to me?!?!?