Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Did a Car Show today

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 07:53 AM
Timbrr
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trike Detailing

Originally Posted by Oogie Wa Wa
Great shine on the paint, besides the nice added chrome bits. What is your cleaning/waxing method and what products? Clay? Sealer or wax or both? And what did you do to the back wheels, they look really good, very reflective. (Mine is the same paint scheme and I want it to look almost that nice.) Thanks and congrats!

Thanks and here is what I used:
1st I used a coat of Zaino Clear Seal on a clean Trike
Then a coat of Surf City Garage Black Edge Detail Spray
The wheels get a liberal spray of Black Fire Waterless Wash
You can also use that for bug removal. I takes some time but it looks good when you are finished.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:57 PM
usmc68
Cruiser

I've tried many different washes and wax products. finally got the best product and procedure from a fellow at a bike event works GREAT on my BLACK Tri-Glide. Wash bike with water and original Dawn blue dishwashing liquid mixture this takes all wax and road grime off the bike ,then blow it dry with leaf blower, then for the final step use a bottle of streak free windex glass cleaner to spray and wipe the water spots off of every area of the bike chrome .paint ,seat the bike shines better than ever Paint looks deep and chrome sparkles best my BLACK bike has ever looked I'm sure it will work on other colors just as great.

Last edited by usmc68; 07-24-2014 at 07:59 PM. Reason: left word out
Old 07-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Oogie Wa Wa
Road Master
Received 388 Likes on 254 Posts

Thanks folks.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:29 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc68
I've tried many different washes and wax products. finally got the best product and procedure from a fellow at a bike event works GREAT on my BLACK Tri-Glide. Wash bike with water and original Dawn blue dishwashing liquid mixture this takes all wax and road grime off the bike ,then blow it dry with leaf blower, then for the final step use a bottle of streak free windex glass cleaner to spray and wipe the water spots off of every area of the bike chrome .paint ,seat the bike shines better than ever Paint looks deep and chrome sparkles best my BLACK bike has ever looked I'm sure it will work on other colors just as great.
That sounds great for getting the old wax off, & the water spots gone, but aren't you leaving that clear coat out in the elements & bug juice erosion ??
I would put a good coat of wax on to seal everything up afterwards. but maybe that's just me.....

Old 07-25-2014, 02:16 PM
usmc68
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sloufoot
That sounds great for getting the old wax off, & the water spots gone, but aren't you leaving that clear coat out in the elements & bug juice erosion ??
I would put a good coat of wax on to seal everything up afterwards. but maybe that's just me.....
You are probably right on the wax to seal it .I clean mine weekly and it is garage kept Don't plan to put it in any bike show. waxing takes a lot of time and it seem to smudge with finger prints worse with wax on it But, you are right about protecting the clear coat.

Old 07-26-2014, 03:00 AM
sloufoot
Received 4,081 Likes on 3,483 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc68
You are probably right on the wax to seal it .I clean mine weekly and it is garage kept Don't plan to put it in any bike show. waxing takes a lot of time and it seem to smudge with finger prints worse with wax on it But, you are right about protecting the clear coat.
I usually put a good wax on for the year, & the summer long I use a spray wax detailer. It doesn't leave any clean up.
Once in a while I miss the bug clean off when I put it up, so the next day the bugs still come off with a good wax underneath.