Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Which is the better deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 03:20 PM
oldmsocko
Club Member
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
Go get yourself a cookie and a big glass of milk. You will need your energy to continue your anti-14 jihad. Allah snackbar!

I am not anti-14. Just voicing an educated opinion. I prefer coffee over milk.

Old 07-22-2014, 03:22 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinCooled
I'd pass on both and get the vastly improved 14 model. You will be glad you did.
if it is an option , this would get my vote , if not then the 13

Old 07-22-2014, 06:48 PM
azbob09
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd pass on both and get the vastly improved 14 model. You will be glad you did.
I have to agree with TwinCooled, if it's affordable. I have bought a new HD every 2 or 3 years since 1997 & in 2005 & 2006 rode over 47K miles each of those years so I feel somewhat qualified in saying I think the changes, over all, in the 2014's are the best for any MY I've experinced.
Considering the engine perfomance & the brake improvements alone & along with it running somewhat cooler, (I never thought the 2010 or the 2012 TG's was as hot as some folks thought), are really positive improvements. I grant you the fact of having to pay extra for the CB & the few glitches in the infotainment system aren't good but not deal breakers to me.
Just my feeling on this, but to each their own!!!

Old 07-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Let's put this to bed, they bought the 13....so let's quit bashing each other and get back to helping and sharing....

Ride safe all

Old 07-22-2014, 11:29 PM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
Bill: Some people get caught up in the hype HD sells. They just can't help themselves. I'm seriously thinking about looking at an Indian just for a possibility for when I get rid of my TG.

Mike
So you do not like the Harley Kool Aid, but you like the Indian Kool Aid! I guess you just can't help yourself!!

Old 07-23-2014, 01:44 AM
bikerbum
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can I be old and crotchety too?? I've met Steve (screwball), he is older than me but I can be more crotchety than him. Between Bill, oldmsoco, screwball and me we can be the 4 crotchety-teers

Old 07-23-2014, 06:40 AM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the opinions guys! 2014 wasn't really in the budget. The seller of the 2013, even with the upgraded 6" over bars, pipes, and whatever else showed my dad what he paid for it, which was still a bit under retail (said he knew the owner of the dealership and was made a great last day of the year don't want to pay showroom tax deal). He sold the bike to my dad for about 20% less than what he paid for it. Also, i was wrong about it having 900 miles, it had 580 miles on it, so financially, the 2014 didn't make sense. My dad probably won't even use the radio, and certainly won't miss the infotainment enhancements. The fairing vent might have been a nice upgrade, but oh well.

Ride safe you crazy 3 wheeling guys and gals!

Old 07-24-2014, 12:21 AM
TwinCooled
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oldmsocko
I am not anti-14. Just voicing an educated opinion. I prefer coffee over milk.

Hey great news for you! Indian is gonna make a trike for 2015. Go get you one, enjoy, I wish you miles and miles of smiles! I'm pretty sure there will be a forum for those contraptions that you can frequent.

My message to you is...if you don't like Harley, fine, I'm OK with that. Move on. The whining is embarrassing and quite frankly, tiring. Educated opinion? You are the only one with any knowledge?? Actually since you don't own a 2014, which you are so ready to bash, you are the uneducated. Just sayin...
Stop with the holier than thou attitude, you and M3 both. You are entitled to nothing. Either move up or move on.

You feel like you have a bone to pick with Harley because you got a warranty claim denied when you made engine component changes that were outside the box (the dealer didn't do it, you and your son did). You, your son, the Wiz and others give advice to others on this forum regularly without the appropriate cautions as to warranty implications. I'm calling you out.
Wiz, you made references to a user name change I made, as if I was trying to hide something. Guess what, I don't own a 13 FLTRU anymore and I felt that "SharkBait" didn't reflect my profile as well as "TwinCooled".
You also made references to the sacrifices you make to be a mod here. Duly noted. You questioned me about my references to your connections with TTS. Really I could give a damn but you push awful hard here and on your trike forum. You also state that your position here as a mod keeps you from stating your true opinions on products that sponsors of this site sell. I'm thinking you should therefore resign as moderator because we can't trust your opinions and advice.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It will be interesting to see the response.

Old 07-24-2014, 06:30 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Have a nice day.

Last edited by oldmsocko; 07-24-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 AM
oldmsocko
Club Member

Hey great news for you! Indian is gonna make a trike for 2015. Go get you one, enjoy, I wish you miles and miles of smiles! I'm pretty sure there will be a forum for those contraptions that you can frequent.

My message to you is...if you don't like Harley, fine, I'm OK with that. Move on. The whining is embarrassing and quite frankly, tiring. Educated opinion? You are the only one with any knowledge?? Actually since you don't own a 2014, which you are so ready to bash, you are the uneducated. Just sayin...
Stop with the holier than thou attitude, you and M3 both. You are entitled to nothing. Either move up or move on.

You feel like you have a bone to pick with Harley because you got a warranty claim denied when you made engine component changes that were outside the box (the dealer didn't do it, you and your son did). You, your son, the Wiz and others give advice to others on this forum regularly without the appropriate cautions as to warranty implications. I'm calling you out.
Wiz, you made references to a user name change I made, as if I was trying to hide something. Guess what, I don't own a 13 FLTRU anymore and I felt that "SharkBait" didn't reflect my profile as well as "TwinCooled".
You also made references to the sacrifices you make to be a mod here. Duly noted. You questioned me about my references to your connections with TTS. Really I could give a damn but you push awful hard here and on your trike forum. You also state that your position here as a mod keeps you from stating your true opinions on products that sponsors of this site sell. I'm thinking you should therefore resign as moderator because we can't trust your opinions and advice.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. It will be interesting to see the response.

Believe it or not TwinCooled I am at a loss of words. You verbally went after 2 ( Wizard and M3 ) of the most knowledgeable and helpful folks on this board. You miss quoted them several times in your post. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Quick Reply: Which is the better deal?