Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Which is the better deal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 02:48 AM
Moneywoes
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerbum
Is it hot in here, or is it just me??
Bikerbum,
I don't want to leave anyone with the wrong impression, I was only trying to have some friendly banter with Twincooled. Its all in good fun.

Twincooled replied
"You are very colorful." I take very colorful as neither good or bad, but this was a clever reference to my Red text in the previous post.

I replied
Opinionated? Twincooled is _______________. Opinionated is also neither good or bad. How boring would this board be if we didn't have opinions?

You'll notice Opinionated fits nicely in the space where as the space is way to long for dense..

Twincooled replied
"you added absolutely nothing of value to the discussion."
I thought I had with my opinion that the 12 MY isn't vastly inferior to me, and the notion that we read everybody's opinions on these boards and then make our own decisions and be responsible for them, and differing opinions in general Boom /NAV vs HK radio/CB -- electric chair vs hanging/ firing squad/beheading other methods can all have merit and value

so I added absolutely nothing of value to the discussion
Quartz is dense
Marble is dense
Walnut is dense
Maple is dense

If people are getting the idea I'm fussin I probably should quit while I'm behind. I can be a contrarian at times.

Twincooled, my apologies if we weren't on the same page..

Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 AM
RAP
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Twincooled.....I agree with a lot of what you have said and commend you for telling it like it is. But in the end, braggers are going to brag, haters are going to hate, and so I guess the best thing to do is just consider the source!!

Old 07-25-2014, 10:25 AM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

the '13 was a no brainer, but I don't know the price. It would take over 6k less than new before I'd buy used.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:50 AM
hAkron
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfish_Oh
the '13 was a no brainer, but I don't know the price. It would take over 6k less than new before I'd buy used.
About $8000 less than MSRP + dealer installed 6" over bars, grips, braided clutch and brake cables, thunderheader exhaust. Also has custom painted pin striping (that Von Dutch style stuff...not nearly as intricate, but well executed).

Old 07-27-2014, 07:56 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish_Oh

About $8000 less than MSRP + dealer installed 6" over bars, grips, braided clutch and brake cables, thunderheader exhaust. Also has custom painted pin striping (that Von Dutch style stuff...not nearly as intricate, but well executed).

that should allow room to look at a '15 when all the bugs are worked out and get a good trade.(if interested in upgrades)