Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

Harley Freewheeler

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2014, 11:50 AM
westnash
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a black one too and it was sold as soon as ready. It is a Harley that is priced right at 24.5 and has cruise and reverse. For 1 person enough trunk room and all you add is a detach w/s.

I believe it will be a much bigger seller than the Tri Glide.

Old 08-30-2014, 03:03 PM
Tanker06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went up to Woodlands HD north of Houston to take a look at on. They uncovered the new bikes at 10 am. When I go there at noon the 1 Freewheeler they got ahd already been sold, inspected, prepped and was off the lot. Have to wait till they get another.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Deeman
6th Gear

Originally Posted by icebite1
Cruise and reverse are standard on the FreeWheeler.
I got on one yesterday and it was very comfortable, im 5'8".My wife was with me and she has to step on the passenger board to get up and on her XXX ,with the FreeWheeler she just put her leg over the seat and slid on, shes 5'3", she also thought it was very comfortable for the driver. It has a lot of customizing potential. One thing I personally disliked was the rear fenders, all I could think of was everything off the road/tires going right up the exposed sides of the trunk.
I wonder how long those tail light will last. I imagine them falling victim to road debris as well as the sides of the trunk.

Old 08-31-2014, 08:36 AM
icebite1
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Deeman
I wonder how long those tail light will last. I imagine them falling victim to road debris as well as the sides of the trunk.
They "might" be OK. They are mounted in an ABS type mold quite like on my FatBob and pretty protected by it, the whole unit is then mounted to the fender.
To me its the sides of the trunk and anyone behind you thats gonna take a beating. No way to mount mud flaps and would probably look bad with this style fender anyway.
The front fender is short also so lots of stuff is gonna hit the oil cooler. A small mud flap here would work.
Im hoping someone that has got a test ride and managed to run thru a wet area will post about how the fenders worked out.

Old 08-31-2014, 01:53 PM
Deeman
6th Gear

Originally Posted by icebite1
They "might" be OK. They are mounted in an ABS type mold quite like on my FatBob and pretty protected by it, the whole unit is then mounted to the fender.
To me its the sides of the trunk and anyone behind you thats gonna take a beating. No way to mount mud flaps and would probably look bad with this style fender anyway.
The front fender is short also so lots of stuff is gonna hit the oil cooler. A small mud flap here would work.
Im hoping someone that has got a test ride and managed to run thru a wet area will post about how the fenders worked out.
I guess we will just have to wait and see. Hope this is not the case and everything will be fine. I suppose you can put chrome covers on them, to help protect them. And some body armor on the trunk.

Old 09-01-2014, 08:17 AM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Saw one at the Demo Rides at 4 Corners Rally. Cool looking and will definitely fill a niche for people who want a more slick stripped down look.

Bill

Old 09-01-2014, 05:25 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

went on a ride yesterday with some of the salesmen from my local dealer and they said they got in a black and the blue and white one on Friday just before they closed [ set up on the floor ] have Tuesday off so think I will get up there early , before they are gone , and take a look , but coming home with my TG

Old 09-01-2014, 07:51 PM
Mr.Softy
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,202 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by 1st 96 ultra
went on a ride yesterday with some of the salesmen from my local dealer and they said they got in a black and the blue and white one on Friday just before they closed [ set up on the floor ] have Tuesday off so think I will get up there early , before they are gone , and take a look , but coming home with my TG

the Freewheeler doesn't come in blue and white, but the tri glide does is that what you were thinking?

Old 09-02-2014, 04:46 AM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

I really like the concept of a stripped down trike and for the most part I like it. But I think they went a little too far by not including a windshield. If it was too hold the price down they went too cheap.

Old 09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 2015 Freewheeler

Here is a picture of the one my wife bought last Friday.

Attached Thumbnails Harley Freewheeler-3.jpg  

Quick Reply: Harley Freewheeler