Tri Glide, RG3 & Freewheeler Models Freewheeler, RG3 & Tri Glide Enthusiasts. Here is your section of the forum to discuss Harley's Trikes!

2015 Freewheeler... Am I the first??

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2014, 01:27 AM
Brentwood Bob
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by screwball
First 100 miles riding in the canyons and twisties. It was in the high 90's out here. Vesta and I ran San Francisquito Canyon from Lancaster to Santa Clarita. No heat problems, the scoot ran fine. Steering is much easier then the Tri-Glide, and the breaks are superb! The foot petal operates both front and rear through a proportioning valve. Plenty of power I guess because the trike is black..... and about 300 pounds lighter.

Trunk is very adequate, but remember most of the bikes I have owned didn't have trunks, saddle bags, or tour packs. Lots of empty space on my old Tri-Glide. I ordered a drivers back rest, luggage rack, and sissy bar. I may get a bat wing windshield from Memphis Shade for our long trips, but right now I love the wind in my face. Never had a problem with 'wind buffeting' actually, don't really know that that is.

All in all, I'm very satisfied!

The dealer (Antelope Valley Harley) and saleslady Kelly Rice really bent over backwards for us. We have purchased 6 Harleys from her at this dealer. Out the door price was $31,500 including accessories, and the extended warranty. They gave me a 30% discount on parts, and free labor installation. Also first service is free. 20% Discount for the first year on any stuff for the trike. They gave us $20,000 in trade for my 2009 with just under 50,000 miles, bald tire, and needing breaks. We had $2000 in Harley reward Dollars so the payoff is about 10 grand.

I'm a terrible impulse buyer, the first time I rode it was after I bought it. Same with the trikes. After almost 50 years of riding I have learned that you have to adapt to the bike, the bike won't adapt to you. Every new bike or trike will run, drive, steer, break differently than the one it replaced. I have always preferred Porsches to Cadillacs, I have a monster MP3 player in my pocket with enough music for a 2 week ride. Best bikes I have ever owned were Dynas or Softails. This new trike is as close as I will get to the 'good old days' I'll be 75 when the warranty runs out so I'll probably keep this one a while.

So far it's sounds great Steve. Keep the info coming.

Old 09-06-2014, 05:05 AM
SSTuner
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Wife picked up one last Saturday.

Attached Thumbnails 2015 Freewheeler...  Am I the first??-00.jpg  
Old 09-06-2014, 09:50 PM
speednut
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

These sure are looking good.

Old 09-06-2014, 10:41 PM
09FLHXrLVNV
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pictures??? you want pictures??? I got pictures. First 2 at the dealer looking and negotiating Wednesday. Last two picking her up Thursday. Have to start 'taking her apart' to add power points for MP3 player and GoPro camera.
Ah come now...be honest front wheel comes up fairly qwik don't it?? my '13 triglide might be short lived if i do a demo on the freewheeler

Old 09-07-2014, 09:14 PM
jandr741
1st Gear
Default Got mine sat only one they had

Never rode a trike before
This thing has a lot of power sits you back more like a car than bike. Steering is sensitive to me and cornering but after 30 mi rode home I was getting use to it. Seat doesn't have that comfortable feeling for me so I'm ordering a sundowner. I order a backrest for my wife, luggage rack and windshield. I've been riding it without one and it's been fine.
I like it and so does the wife now I have to sell the dyna

Old 09-07-2014, 10:13 PM
fmgsr
Road Master
Received 67 Likes on 50 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JD HD
Your wife sounds like an amazing (and tough) lady. Good on her to keep doing something she loves and that you both enjoy doing together.

+1
Good Luck, and enjoy every mile!

Old 09-14-2014, 07:00 PM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Screwball - I LOVE It! That's a trick ride my friend. Simplicity and style... Ain't a thing not to like about that one!

Congratulations!

Old 09-15-2014, 08:21 AM
Springman2007
Intermediate

Yes! Congrats Screwball! I have to say that I find the Freewheeler appealing as well. I have always wanted a ServiCar and the Freewheel seems to be a modern, kin to the ServiCar. I can't wait to see how this model evolves.....

I like all the styling except for the mag wheels; I am old skool and think I would really like it with good old spokes on the corners (just me).

But, it sound awesome and I look forward to hearing more about your experiences and the Freewheeler in general.

Springman2007,

Old 09-15-2014, 09:55 AM
ZD
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

First 100 miles riding in the canyons and twisties. It was in the high 90's out here. Vesta and I ran San Francisquito Canyon from Lancaster to Santa Clarita. No heat problems, the scoot ran fine. Steering is much easier then the Tri-Glide, and the breaks are superb! The foot petal operates both front and rear through a proportioning valve. Plenty of power I guess because the trike is black..... and about 300 pounds lighter.
That is a fine fine machine... If those had been available in '11 when I got the Glide, I'd have had one in a heartbeat.

Linda and I took a test drive on a '14 TG earlier this year at Tucson Harley... The bike ran fine, but the hydraulic clutch was a little weird, and I didn't care for the proportional braking as a 1st impression. I'm sure I'd get used to it... Prolly...

Great ride Steve! Sounds like the dealer took care of you. Congrats & safe riding!

Old 09-15-2014, 07:07 PM
Rockarosa
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats Screwball-happy for you Brother!!

Quick Reply: 2015 Freewheeler... Am I the first??