Vance & Hines Vance & Hines is product design and manufacturing company that produces high quality, high margin Performance Products within the Powersports industry.

Running WAAAAYYYY to rich

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Exclamation Running WAAAAYYYY to rich

I have a 2014 Ultra Classic with the 103 HO.....I am upgrading the intake in the near future with something else, right now it is the original factory housing with a K&N setup. I am running a 2-1 pipe with the cat and no baffle. I am wanting to gun the cat today, but as I am already running too rich am hesitant. I am running the FP3 on the propipe tune with the high flow baffle setting. Please help, as it seems the tune is expecting a leaner setup then I am running due to the missing baffle and is over compensating. Auto tune did not seem to help at all. I am trying that again today as I have a couple hours of riding.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:37 PM
GalvTexGuy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,946 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Commtrey
I have a 2014 Ultra Classic with the 103 HO.....I am upgrading the intake in the near future with something else, right now it is the original factory housing with a K&N setup. I am running a 2-1 pipe with the cat and no baffle. I am wanting to gun the cat today, but as I am already running too rich am hesitant. I am running the FP3 on the propipe tune with the high flow baffle setting. Please help, as it seems the tune is expecting a leaner setup then I am running due to the missing baffle and is over compensating. Auto tune did not seem to help at all. I am trying that again today as I have a couple hours of riding.
What makes you think you're running rich? Give V&H a call at 562-921-0071. Go ahead and upload your map before calling. I called today and got right through.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:23 PM
Star Commtrey
Tourer
Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Vh

Originally Posted by GalvTexGuy
What makes you think you're running rich? Give V&H a call at 562-921-0071. Go ahead and upload your map before calling. I called today and got right through.
V&H have been no help. Not even when I showed up at their booth at Bike week. The rep even told me I'd probably be better off with a RCXelrator. Blew my mind. But I went and put a velocity stack on it assuming I was starving for air. Did that, rode a good ride, auto tuned and it is better. Fuel mileage came way up, but when it's cold it still has issues......I'll get it right. Can't wait on VH to come around to an idea other than "Auto tune, Auto tune, Auto tune".

The following users liked this post:
GalvTexGuy (04-01-2017)
Old 04-13-2017, 04:13 PM
vanceandhines
Former Sponsor
Received 178 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Star Commtrey
V&H have been no help. Not even when I showed up at their booth at Bike week. The rep even told me I'd probably be better off with a RCXelrator. Blew my mind. But I went and put a velocity stack on it assuming I was starving for air. Did that, rode a good ride, auto tuned and it is better. Fuel mileage came way up, but when it's cold it still has issues......I'll get it right. Can't wait on VH to come around to an idea other than "Auto tune, Auto tune, Auto tune".
What truck did you visit? Who was the person you spoke with?

We design all of our maps for the use of a high flow air filter. When you initially install the map it assumes there is a high flow AC on there.This is not a problem having the stock. However, there is another feature. within the ECM called Adaptive Fuel Values. The ADV's will slowly trim out the fuel of the original map to suit to your current AC setup. When you install the new air cleaner, ADV's were set for that stock filter. This is obviously not the way you want the bike to run. So at that point of the new AC installation, we would have recommended flashing in the same map again. This would reset or zero the ADV's and allow the full potential of the map. This is all outside of the AutoTune. That is a whole other beast in itself.