Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

TriGlide Turbo Kit in the works

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:11 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 138 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond lil 2010
I would be worried about longevity on the bottom end.or even blowing head gaskets.way to much $ for me to be spending on a machine to have to motor give out in due time.just MHO
The quality control at Harley sure isn't aw inspiring. One crank will have a runout of .001, another .006 and another one .005, sure doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when making a lot of power and torque. When I built my 120 the crank was done at Dark Horse, if I was building another one it would still be Dark Horse, or a crank from S&S.

Old 05-01-2015, 06:14 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Aerocharger_jerry
At this point, we're locating the turbo low and away from the engine behind the rider. Aerochargers use self-contained oil, which cleans up the install and gives us a lot more flexibility as to where we mount it. We're not anticipating any issues with heat, but it's something we'll be watching for during testing.
How much is the operating temperature of the engine being increased? I know all of the supercharged or roots type blown automotive applications I've had experience with have had increased operating temperatures if you don't address the cooling system.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:08 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
The quality control at Harley sure isn't aw inspiring. One crank will have a runout of .001, another .006 and another one .005, sure doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling when making a lot of power and torque. When I built my 120 the crank was done at Dark Horse, if I was building another one it would still be Dark Horse, or a crank from S&S.
I was at the S&S plant late last year. Their standard cranks are now pressed, no plug, no welding. You can still special order a good crank from them though.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-02-2015, 05:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by DK Custom
I was at the S&S plant late last year. Their standard cranks are now pressed, no plug, no welding. You can still special order a good crank from them though.
Even their pressed cranks are stronger than the crank Harley builds.

Old 05-02-2015, 11:05 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,940 Likes on 2,295 Posts

Yes, they most probably are, their video certainly shows that.

When on the plant tour, they were talking a bit too much about how they are just as good as their solid cranks, reminded me of "The lady doth protest too much, methinks"...like they were trying to convince themselves.

Personally, my heart sank a bit when I saw S&S going down the "cheaper" path that HD started on years ago.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:19 PM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, we're out of the design phase and should be getting it on the dyno soon. We have an awesome machinist working with us who's come up with a very clean Y-pipe coming off the turbo. The headers and Y-pipe let you keep the stock dual mufflers, and they're also compatible with the stock heat shields.

First impressions of the turbo trike is that it's hard to tell it's turbocharged unless you're looking for it. It's a sleeper for sure.

Old 05-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Earlham
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think it looks great! Curious to hear what the Dyno says.

Old 05-27-2015, 11:30 AM
Aerocharger_jerry
Former Sponsor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds stealthy too. Here's a clip from a dyno run, we'll have performance results to share soon.

Old 05-29-2015, 06:18 AM
msocko3
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Aerocharger_jerry
Sounds stealthy too. Here's a clip from a dyno run, we'll have performance results to share soon.
Its quiet, all I hear is the waste gate when it dumps pressure.

Old 05-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Springman65
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by msocko3
Its quiet, all I hear is the waste gate when it dumps pressure.
Yeah, not much like a Harley anymore....stealth harley....😂😂😂....not something I want.

Springman

Quick Reply: TriGlide Turbo Kit in the works