Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

FP3 FuelPak 3 by Vance & Hines IN STOCK for all 07-16 models

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2016, 06:45 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by CB Cornbread
Checkers, How do you like your FuelPak? I am running a Vied 2011 FLHTK and am getting a good bit of decel pop and an occasional small back fire. Is your FP3 doing the job?
Cornbread, for what I have on my Road King , as far as upgrades, it is the most cost effective thing I have done. My '11 RK is decatted, RC Components slip ons, V&H Vo2 Stage 1 with external breathers and TTI's from DK Custom, which were needed after decat to bring back the low end torque. I have run the original flash tune for about 3000 miles. The Fp3 has been flawless. My MPG stayed the same and maybe average 1 mpg better the before tune. I have not done the auto tune yet. I don't want to mess up the performance or fuel mileage. The only issue I have is a momentary backfire on upshift from 3rd to 4th gear. I believe this is rider produced because I don't always fully close the throttle when shifting. Self inflicted issue. I will do the auto tune someday, but not A PRIORITY. Bottom line: good product, 5 stars with or with out cat. Decel pop 100% gone, throttle response quicker, low speed surge gone, 6th gear usable earlier, pulls better all gears.

Last edited by checkers; 10-15-2016 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:44 AM
Idahokid
Road Master
Received 89 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Cornbread, for what I have on my Road King , as far as upgrades, it is the most cost effective thing I have done. My '11 RK is decatted, RC Components slip ons, V&H Vo2 Stage 1 with external breathers and TTI's from DK Custom, which were needed after decat to bring back the low end torque. I have run the original flash tune for about 3000 miles. The Fp3 has been flawless. My MPG stayed the same and maybe average 1 mpg better the before tune. I have not done the auto tune yet. I don't want to mess up the performance or fuel mileage. The only issue I have is a momentary backfire on upshift from 3rd to 4th gear. I believe this is rider produced because I don't always fully close the throttle when shifting. Self inflicted issue. I will do the auto tune someday, but not A PRIORITY. Bottom line: good product, 5 stars with or with out cat. Decel pop 100% gone, throttle response quicker, low speed surge gone, 6th gear usable earlier, pulls better all gears.
Thank you for sharing.Ive been on the fence about this tuner.Sound perfect for a stage one.

Old 10-30-2016, 06:15 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Idaho, the Fp3 will tune well with your combination. I like the sound of the Crusher Mufflers. Another benefit of the Fp3 is the ability to retune in munutes if you make changes. I took off my RCX mufflers and installed a pair of 2015 Ultra stock mufflers. These sound great with a no cat header, and quieter. Was able to reflash in about 20 minutes, incl removing saddle bag and side cover. A good tool for stage 1 and now upgraded for mild cams.

The following users liked this post:
Idahokid (11-09-2016)
Old 11-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Idahokid
Road Master

Originally Posted by checkers
Idaho, the Fp3 will tune well with your combination. I like the sound of the Crusher Mufflers. Another benefit of the Fp3 is the ability to retune in munutes if you make changes. I took off my RCX mufflers and installed a pair of 2015 Ultra stock mufflers. These sound great with a no cat header, and quieter. Was able to reflash in about 20 minutes, incl removing saddle bag and side cover. A good tool for stage 1 and now upgraded for mild cams.
I need to really get one.I do like the versatility of it.I do have a couple sets of pipes.I was quoted $275.00 on another forum.

Old 11-09-2016, 07:26 PM
Idahokid
Road Master

$299.00 when you ad it to the cart.Great price.