Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Oil Cooler Fan Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 07:20 PM
Milan
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Oil Cooler Fan Kit

Summer is almost here. That means hot days sitting in traffic or riding in parades. Oil coolers are great as long as there is air flowing thru it. For the last 18 months I have been experimenting with different fans mounted on the oil cooler. I now have what I think is a great product. The fans are water and dust proof. The kit comes in manual version where you turn the fans on and off with a toggle switch. Or automatic version where a temp probe measures the temp of the oil and turns the fans on automatically. Its universal fit. This will fit any model Harley and any rectangular oil cooler. I will give a 10% discount to any HD Forum member. Please see my web site for more information. Please let me know with any questions or comments on this product.
Thank You Milan

Old 04-17-2009, 09:51 PM
quigley
Tourer
Thumbs up Great product!

I have one of the original kits on my bike and its been working great for over a year now. Its a great product.
Quigley

Old 04-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Milan
Banned
Thumbs up Free shipping

Shipping is always free!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Milan
Banned

Leaving for Laughlin in the morning so any orders made on Thursday or Friday will go out on Monday morning. Thank You all for the support.
Milan

Old 04-28-2009, 12:35 PM
Milan
Banned

A big Thank You to those that ordered kits over the weekend. They were sent out on Monday morning.
Thanks again Milan

Old 04-30-2009, 10:21 AM
jlevin75
Cruiser

Hey Milan,

Do you have any pics of the fan setup for the vertical oil cooler for the twin cams? I didn't find any on your website.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:32 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jlevin75
Hey Milan,

Do you have any pics of the fan setup for the vertical oil cooler for the twin cams? I didn't find any on your website.

+1 on the pics

Old 04-30-2009, 10:37 AM
Milan
Banned

I haven't done any vertical oil coolers. But the set up would be the same as a horizontal oil cooler. Just make sure you have enough clearance between your cooler and frame. The fans are 2 1/4 inch square and 1 inch deep. If you end up doing one and are willing to send me some pictures I will give you additional 5% off the price for your trouble.
Thanks Milan

Old 04-30-2009, 11:18 AM
In Memoriam Citoriplus
May our Moderator Rest in Peace
Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

You may want to rethink the vertical units. As shown and described your unit will not fit behind a stock HD vertical cooler. The way the oil lines are fitted and plumbed it would be very hard to fit anything behind it thicker than about 1/8 to 1/4".
Here's a couple of pics I just took to show you how its set up.

You can see that on my 07 FXSTC getting anything in there thicker than a fat piece of paper is going to be difficult if not impossible.
The hose fitting alone are going the wrong way on top and there is less than 1/2" between the cooler fins and the front of the thermostat at the bottom.

Old 04-30-2009, 11:29 AM
Milan
Banned

You are right, the only way this would work is either turn the cooler around but then the oil lines would have to be longer and I think they would get in the way of the air flow, or put the fans in front. Not sure how that would look.
Thanks Milan

Quick Reply: Oil Cooler Fan Kit