Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Read This Before Posting In Or Using The HDForums Classified Section!

Old 02-19-2011, 11:11 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Read This Before Posting In Or Using The HDForums Classified Section!

THIS SECTION IS FOR VENDORS ONLY!!

This Classified Forum was not created to be used as a free "Cycle Trader" to non-active members. Any post made in this forum by a "non-active" member will be deleted and a warning will be given. If you have questions feel free to pm me ("Terry"TheTrollKiller) or a moderator.

HDForums is not responsible for any loss of money or items due to shipping or dishonest sellers/buyers!

1. The below rule (In Bold) is posted at the top of each classified section as an announcement. Members do not seem to be reading it so I'm posting it again here.

2. Bumping your add to the top. I don't mind if you bump your ad up every few days to keep it fresh in our minds but bumping everyday or several times a day will not be allowed. This also includes posting things like "come on guys, I really need the money" or something like that every day to bump your ad to the top. If the Classified Section Moderator feels that you are bending this rule too much, you will receive a warning.If you continue abusing the bump rule after being warned one time, your ad will be removed.

3. Posting a "Motorcycle Ad" without a picture is pretty much a waste of time. We highly recommend that you have several views of your motorcycle pictured in your ad. The Max. size of these pictures are 640 X 480. If you need help, contact a Moderator. Another tip is to put the Year and model in the title of your ad (Org/Blk 2000 SE Roadglide). You want to draw as much attention to your ad as possible

4. It was suggested to me that it would be a good idea to post what state the motorcycle is located in. That would help when determining if you wanted to pursue the purchase or not.

5. OK, I guess the new system won't allow you to edit your title to "SOLD" once you have sold your item. Just contact me or one of the other mods when your bike sells and we'll lock the thread for you.

6. There is to be "NO FIGHTING" in the classified section. If a member is bothering you here you need to pm me "Terry"TheTrollKiller or a moderator. If we deem you are fighting over an ad we will remove the said ads and send a warning.

The HDF Classified section is provided to HDF members free of charge. We try to make rules that will protect you from Scam Artists and Jerks. Members have been ripped off using these ads just like any other internet classified. Use caution when you are dealing with anyone you don't know. If you think there might be a problem, pm me ("Terry"TheTrollKiller) or a moderator.

In order to post an Ad (start a thread) in the HDF Free Classified Section you must have been a member at HDF for at least 5 days and have a minimum of 5 posts unrelated to the Classified Section. You can purchase items as a new member but it is highly recommended that nothing be sent until payment is made. HDForums.com is not responsible for any loss of money or items sold here.

I suggest that you use PayPal whenever possible. You have some protection using them and we have had a member receive his money back after a dispute with a seller. We (HDForums) can not guarantee any sales or purchases made on HDForums. You have to use this classified section at your own risk. Use Caution when using ANY online Classifieds.

If you are a business, please contact HDF for advertising information. You may NOT post if you are a business or a person using the forum solely for financial profit.

If you do not meet this criteria your ad will be removed without warning.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 03-30-2022 at 12:49 PM. Reason: update from 30 days to 5 days
The following 7 users liked this post by Terry TK:
Alharleyman (10-28-2019), Bob H. (04-08-2017), BRO RUN (10-14-2022), Bruce Hunt (10-31-2018), Jimmy Jam (10-21-2019), KarenM (06-17-2019), McNana2000 (06-15-2021) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:23 PM
jpicht
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just want to make sure I am not overstepping my bounds. I have been editing my "ad" to show items that have been sold. Is it OK for me to continue to do this?

By the way, since joining HDForums, I have become "addicted".

I find myself checking here several times a day and after reading all the posts I can't seem to stop doing more and more mods to "Ethel". I blame others for this (it couldn't be my fault).

Seriously, thanks for a great site.

Old 10-06-2016, 06:13 PM
08police
Cruiser
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

got it

Old 11-13-2017, 05:50 PM
roadking1099
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shovelhead ad

Terry, new member, any restrictions with new member posting ad? I have a 78 FLH shovelhead that I am selling. Currently have 16 Harley limited and the shovelhead. I have been on site a few times in past, just never got around to signing up. thanks

Old 06-09-2018, 06:15 AM
abodynut
Stage I
Default New member here

So, did I read this right? I have to post 5 unrelated posts and wait 30 days to post in classifieds? I can wait if that is true. Don't guess anyone is going to have parts for the Harley I have and I'm in no hurry to restore it!

Old 01-28-2019, 07:44 AM
Burna
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Motorcycle Parts

I'd like to list my craigslist ad for parts I have for sale.

Well you can't!

Old 07-31-2019, 04:13 PM
Sharpgraver
Stage IV

Thanks Got it

Old 03-30-2022, 11:13 AM
VicB
Stage II

Terry,

I've been a member of the forum since 2012. I mostly just read postings and don't post much.

I'd like to list a bike but I don't have 5 postings. Can you help me?

VicB

Old 03-30-2022, 12:38 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,039 Likes on 3,711 Posts

This is the Vendor section. Why do you need to post an ad here??????

Admin