Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2014, 05:20 PM
jojo2dog
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

out this afternoon for a couple of hours, some city, some country roads, bike performs better than it did before the new tune, will give it some more time and see if they get better as we go along

Old 08-09-2014, 03:43 PM
RollTideRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have has this unit for almost a month on my 07 road king. Works amazing. Took away almost all the popping with my freedom performance pipes. I was very surprised that freedom performance was an option on the unit. I had no problems with the spark program. My cruise control and turn signals worked flawlessly. Bike seems to have more power in every gear, but very noticeable in 6th gear, I no longer need to downshift to pass on the interstate. Bike even sounds better. Worth the $300 price tag, and an absolute steal at $150. Very pleased.

Old 08-14-2014, 07:41 AM
Getnany
4th Gear

I purchased an EZ through the group buy, Thank You. I have V&H slip-ons, with AN Big Sucker intake. Process was easy for this novice. Bike sounds more throaty, definitely a more crisp throttle. Increase in power noticed in 6th gear. My cruise still works.
I have a 2011 RK.
Thanks Again, SChip

Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Imaposer
Intermediate

Whew! After learning of this product from another forum and finding this thread through a Google search, I just finished reading all 46 pages.

From what I've been reading it seems that most of the issues are revolving around the big twin bikes. I haven't seen much about how it seems to be working on the Sportsters.

So, are there any Sportster riders using the EZ that could share their experiences?

I'm curious about the available maps for my bike, what upgrade options they have maps available for, and how well the maps seem to be working.

Is there really that much difference in the tuning requirements between one brand of slip-on and another? I mean I can understand differences between full systems, 2 into 1 setups, etc, but I would think that one slip-on flows pretty similarly to another for the most part. Then again, I'm not a tuning guru by any stretch so maybe small variances make more difference in fueling requirements than I'm aware of.

For reference, in case Superchip is reading, my bike is a 2013 XL1200X. I'm currently running Cycle Shack side slash slip-ons, with ViEDs. The bike starts instantly, hot or cold, runs well, and doesn't have any decel popping or noticeable surging. I've checked the plugs and even with 1000 miles with the ViEDs adjusted to the 75% position, they're still completely WHITE. I'm not sure the ViEDs are doing much actually.

To tone down the volume just a bit I recently installed homemade "lollipop" type "baffles" behind the original Cycle Shack baffles. This did reduce the volume just a bit. I'm happy with the sound now, but I'm sure it made some difference in flow restriction as well, although nowhere near as much as the stock pipes. I have NO idea which standard slip-on that my modified Cycle Shacks might compare to, but the standard ones were just too loud for my tastes.

I've had a NRHS HurricanFlow A/F sittin' on a shelf for about a year now, waiting until I could do something about the fueling before I installed it. I'm tired of waiting!

This stage 1 will be as far as I'll go with the bike so while I understand the advantages of the PV I can't justify the $$$ just to do a simple one time flash and then stick it in a box. If I were interested in extracting every ounce of power from the bike, or if I planned future mods and upgrades, then I'd see spending the extra $ to get the tuning ability offered by the PV, but that just ain't me.

I'm looking at more cost effective solutions for making my bike run well with the slip-ons and A/F, try to eliminate the factory EPA mandated lean condition, and hopefully help the bike run cooler. Currently I'm considering the FuelMoto Mini, just keeping the ViEDs, and now the Superchip EZ.

The Superchip EZ is attractive because it is an actual flash device rather than a piggyback add-on, and the sale price seems very reasonable. But, between the above listed options, I'd like to get the one that will best serve my needs.

One thing that would be nice, IMO, would be if their website actually allowed you to go through the bike model selection, right through to the modification lists, so that you could see the options that they had maps developed for. I've seen quite a few comments/complaints in this thread where people bought the product just to later learn that their bike/exhaust/A/F combo wasn't supported with a developed map. I'd like to know beforehand whether or not they had something that would work for my bike.

Has anyone used the EZ in conjunction with one of the XiED type devices? The ViEDs that I already own are adjustable from no effect to around 13.7 AFR or so, so I'm curious if they could be used to fine tune the EZ's closed loop map, or if they'd just confuse the ECU and screw things up?

Comments? Suggestions? Advice?

Thanks in advance...

Old 08-21-2014, 03:04 AM
daywalker69
6th Gear

@superchips

I come from Germany and am interested very much. does the possibility exist to send the tuner also to Germany? payment is possible with PayPal.

thanks

ralf

Old 08-22-2014, 08:01 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 868 Likes on 511 Posts

Seeing as how they're still offering the group discount and 30 day money back...why not. Looking forward to what it can do for me. Looking for smoother running at lower RPMs, less decel pop, cooler temps and better fuel mileage. We shall see.

Old 08-26-2014, 09:51 AM
dajogejr
Road Warrior

Ordered on Friday, arrived today via FedEx. Shipped to Warren, MI. Fast Shipping, thanks.
Downloaded Spark, answered the questions, plugged it in...found it, found a firmware update, took about 10 minutes. Done.
Now, to plug it into the bike later and see how it goes. Quick, easy and flawless so far in regards to payment, shipping and updating the device via computer.

Old 08-26-2014, 12:17 PM
m6zero
Cruiser

2014s aren't on the website. Any idea when those should hit?

Old 08-26-2014, 03:17 PM
dajogejr
Road Warrior

Just got home from a quick 20 minute ride, half highway (75 + MPH) and half city.

Wow, what a difference.
Too little time to talk about heat or gas mileage.
First thing I noticed, it did not high idle upon cold startup, however...it's 90 plus degrees here in SE Michigan. It's possible it didn't need to.

No decel pops. Let off the throttle in gears 1-4 from about 3200 RPM down...and no pops.
The "surge" from a little lugging (1900 to 2300RPM) is gone. I don't like to lug an engine, but we all know there speed limits/traffic that sometimes force us to choose between a higher and lower RPM.
Clean acceleration. Bike ran good before, seems a little stronger and cleaner.

Turn signals and Cruise work just as they should. Albeit, only tested cruise for about 2 miles to be safe (traffic).

I want to put a solid few hundred miles on it.... but I can tell you this. After removing the seat, both saddle bags and the left...then finally the right side cover, it took longer to dissasemble the bike and put it back together than it did save the current map then flash a new one. Absolutely flawless and easy.
Had the options for my true duals, SE mufflers, SE high flow air filter. Gave me two options, chose the first.
The only thing I noticed a little different is until I come to a complete stop, it idles at 1K RPM. Once I'm stopped, it goes to 850 to 900 RPM...

Will report back more when I get more miles and seat time. So far, excellent and I'm very pleased.

Old 08-26-2014, 05:35 PM
Imaposer
Intermediate

It may be helpful to some if everyone would include the particulars of their bike and mods when doing a review.

I'm curious about how one of these may work on my 1200 Sportster. I've read this entire thread and have found various opinions and experiences but it's sorta difficult to pin down exactly which bikes, and which specific mods the maps are working well for and which ones may not be so good...

Specifically for my needs, I've found very little in info on how these are working with the Sportster models.

Quick Reply: Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!