Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 03:52 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Joe!!! Can you tell me if I do an update to see if any new maps are available yet and there is(I have never been told one way or the other) will I be able to go back to the old tune and still have the factory Stage 1 as backup? I would like to see if a new tune fixes the cruise control anomaly but if it is something I don't like I would like to go back to what I had but I also don't want to lose the factory Stage 1. So in other words are the old maps saved in a historical file on the Vigilanty while maintaining the factor map for load failures? It's very unclear in the manual. It sounds like I can either have the factor as backup or the present map as backup. Guess I want my cake and eat too.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:45 AM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
Hey Joe!!! Can you tell me if I do an update to see if any new maps are available yet and there is(I have never been told one way or the other) will I be able to go back to the old tune and still have the factory Stage 1 as backup? I would like to see if a new tune fixes the cruise control anomaly but if it is something I don't like I would like to go back to what I had but I also don't want to lose the factory Stage 1. So in other words are the old maps saved in a historical file on the Vigilanty while maintaining the factor map for load failures? It's very unclear in the manual. It sounds like I can either have the factor as backup or the present map as backup. Guess I want my cake and eat too.
That's a good question that would like to see answered. I have retuned mine one time and I hope I have the factory tune as back-up.

Old 08-30-2014, 01:42 PM
TN07RoadKing
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Data port

Anybody know where the data port is on a 07 Road King? Left or right cover? I know the ecu is in the right cover.

Old 08-30-2014, 02:19 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

Right on my EGU.

Old 09-01-2014, 06:50 PM
GMKingRider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 13 Road King Classic that has SE street cannons the rest is stock.Today I used the tuner and rode about twenty miles. It made a difference in the throttle response.The bike seems like it has more power and the idle seems a lot smoother.The bike should even be better when I add the heavy breather. Thanks Superchips for a great product

Old 09-02-2014, 06:53 AM
GMKingRider
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The data port on my bike is behind the left cover.

Old 09-03-2014, 12:17 AM
OpTiCz
Intermediate

Any reason the price went up? 165 isn't bad, though 150 would be great.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:12 PM
TN07RoadKing
2nd Gear
Default Good Product

Got my new tuner in 5 days, installed with no problems at all. Popping and backfiring is 98% gone. Bike idles, runs, and sounds great! I'm very happy.

Old 09-04-2014, 02:47 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hogcowboy

Geez Joe! Did you get fired or are you busy drumming up new business?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:16 PM
OpTiCz
Intermediate

I'm still waiting on mine. FedEx failure. They said it would be delivered Saturday, but last site update said Utah. I called to find out where it was, and they said they don't operate Saturday or Monday, probably Tuesday........

Sigh.

Quick Reply: Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!