Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!

Old 09-18-2014, 03:32 PM
dajogejr
Road Warrior
Received 868 Likes on 511 Posts

Completely understand...
I haven't received an email from Anthony since 8:25 yesterday AM. But I have never given him an "urgent" tone...just here's what I've found, here's what I think.

Now, if a week goes by and nothing, I'll get on the phone to ask. But I'm in no dire straights...I have no problem being a tester.
Just got my bike early August, first Harley, great learning experience so far.

On one hand, I'm a Harley Rookie...but on the other, that's good. I've not yet developed any biases for one product or method than the next.

I'll advise all when what resolution we come to, good, bad or indifferent.
I feel I can be fair no matter what the outcome.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tell tale signs are there for them to shut down this "splinter" business. I know they are big in the automotive industry but they give the impression that they are not anywhere near commited to this piece. It would be very easy for them to turn the lights off and go home.

Old 09-19-2014, 12:58 PM
rideflhr
Road Captain
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

[

My 103 gets close to 50mpg with the super tuner.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:39 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by checkers
Ordered mine today for my 2011 Heritage, still available at 1/2 price.
Here is an update: I ordered my Vigilante EZ tuner about 2 weeks ago and it was for the 1/2 price offer of $150 + shipping. It was for my 2011 Heritage 96B. I was able to install the download today. I am not a "computer guy" but was able to do this without any issues. I left the tuner in the box and loaded the Superchips Sparks program, took about 15 minutes. The program will prompt you when to plug in the tuner to your laptop. It updates your tuner and assigns it to you. Make, model, and engine size is all you do at this point. No VIN# and such is needed at this time, tuner will load from the bike when plugged into bike. This takes a few minutes and then the tuner is unplugged from the laptop. You are now done with the laptop and it stays in the house.
With tuner in hand I plugged it into the grey plug on bike, it then lights up and follow the prompts. Reflash and codes check and clear takes about 10 minutes, done.
I had XIED's installed for the past 2 years and left them installed. I took it for a ride and everything worked and no check engine light. I rode about 20 miles and pulled over and cycled key off and restarted, all is well.
The results were a 9 on a scale of 10. Decel pop 99.9% gone, low rpm surge gone, throttle response 100% better, torque or power in 6th gear amazing.
The only possible negative is the idle is 75 rpm's higher at warm idle and the exhaust has a slight "rich" odor to it, but neither a deal breaker.
If these conditions continue, this will be the best $150 I've spent. There were 3 programs available to choose from during download, I chose the 1st of the 3.
If this setup doesn't kill the mpg and it continues to run the way it does, I will give this tuner 2 thumbs up and the 1/2 price offer is a bonus. I run a Ness Super sucker, Freedom Performance Signiture Slipons and XIED's. I am very happy.

Last edited by checkers; 09-20-2014 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:51 AM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

You may want to try it without the XIED's. That's most likely where you are getting the "rich" smell.

Old 09-20-2014, 12:11 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
You may want to try it without the XIED's. That's most likely where you are getting the "rich" smell.
That's my thinking also. R/R of XIED's on a Softail is a PIA. I also read your posts with regard to possibly "leaning out" after some miles. I am going to run it with them for awhile and monitor the inside of the mufflers, spark plugs and mpg.
I will update this thread as things develop.

Old 09-20-2014, 11:23 PM
floridapoolboy
Road Master
Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

The softail models on the website still end at 2013, wazzup with that? What is the difference between the 2013 and my 2014? I checked the Touring models, 2014 calls for the 5842 (CAN), same as the 2013 Softail. I'd buy the thing if it would work, but when I called I was told there is nothing for the 2014s yet. Very confusing!

Old 09-21-2014, 06:32 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by floridapoolboy
The softail models on the website still end at 2013, wazzup with that? What is the difference between the 2013 and my 2014? I checked the Touring models, 2014 calls for the 5842 (CAN), same as the 2013 Softail. I'd buy the thing if it would work, but when I called I was told there is nothing for the 2014s yet. Very confusing!
I assume there may be a differance in the factory tuning from 13 to 14 models and Superchips has not had time or a 2014 103B available to dyno a tune to verify if they even need a different map, likely not.
If I owned a 2014 Heritage, I would buy the tuner and load your bike's info in as a 2013. They will give you multiple exhaust and a/f choices. I would think one of their maps would work.
The only issue that might happen is that when you attach tuner to the bike, it does read the VIN #. It may not allow you to select a "tune" because the 14 is not avail. If this happens you could return the tuner, or keep it until a 14 selection is avail. For the $150 I would give it a try. The tuner # and CAN are correct and I would bet the 2014 will have maps and be able to download for your 2014.

Last edited by checkers; 09-21-2014 at 06:38 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:41 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I sorta wonder what year they'll have a 14 map. The 15's are out. Now what? Wait yet another year and maybe a 14 will be covered? This is what I was referring to on a previous post. I think they got overloaded and just don't have the staff to correct it. Okay. I'm a bad guy. Should never had suggested that. I do think at some point they actually will make everyone happy. The product is good. It just needs some tweaking and some customer service that really works. Customer service is the problem. I'm still waiting on a response from tech@superchips.com. As before, harleyhelp@superchips.com bounced undeliverable. Which suggests tech@superchips.com works but so what????? Ignore is ignore.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Scorpio49
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
I sorta wonder what year they'll have a 14 map. The 15's are out. Now what? Wait yet another year and maybe a 14 will be covered? This is what I was referring to on a previous post. I think they got overloaded and just don't have the staff to correct it. Okay. I'm a bad guy. Should never had suggested that. I do think at some point they actually will make everyone happy. The product is good. It just needs some tweaking and some customer service that really works. Customer service is the problem. I'm still waiting on a response from tech@superchips.com. As before, harleyhelp@superchips.com bounced undeliverable. Which suggests tech@superchips.com works but so what????? Ignore is ignore.
And the fact that a part of there communication system with their customers is broken and has beed broken for an extended period of time is indicative of their apathetic attitude. Don't be surprised when the turn off all the lights and go home.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!