Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 PM
jets2fix
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks Checkers , read the thread and several others here . Seems majority of the folks doing upgrades are going cattless on the headers . Some state they got advise from superchips on a code ....what I am hoping for is to take the guess work out of looking at 7 different codes and get a decent baseline to go on . For myself it is just the norm to ride a bike after a tune and check spark plug color among other things . Thanks just the same checkers .

Old 03-21-2015, 07:01 AM
RJMFXDC
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any new info on problems or successes with this tuner. I just ordered one this morning and hoping it will deal with the severe decel pop that I am experiencing. Bike is a 2014 FXDC with RC Components slip ons, stock AC.

RJM

Old 03-21-2015, 09:25 AM
Big ALbert
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuner

Put about 5K since I installed mine no Problems at all
All it's good

Old 03-22-2015, 06:51 AM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by RJMFXDC
Is there any new info on problems or successes with this tuner. I just ordered one this morning and hoping it will deal with the severe decel pop that I am experiencing. Bike is a 2014 FXDC with RC Components slip ons, stock AC.

RJM
I have several prior posts on this thread. On my 2011 Heritage my results were great. Decel popping, 99.9% gone, rolling throttle improved 100%. Starts good and mpg actually improved 1 mpg. Some riders have had issues, I am 100% satisfied with this unit. Easy install, nothing hanging on bike, good results and I bought it on the 1/2 price deal.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:08 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Checkers, I read the entire thread and saw successes but am concerned with people who had code problems or loss of functions with their rides. I ordered mine yesterday and used the hdforums code, and it worked. If people are still interested I will post results good or bad. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-22-2015, 06:04 PM
2-whlz
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just ordered mine!!!! $155.12 ground shipping. Thanks for the discount ��

Old 03-23-2015, 06:53 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Checkers, I read the entire thread and saw successes but am concerned with people who had code problems or loss of functions with their rides. I ordered mine yesterday and used the hdforums code, and it worked. If people are still interested I will post results good or bad. Thanks for the input.
RJ, these units are designed to be used with a Stage 1 AF. It may be good to consider this or at least a K&N element for improved performance and ease of tuning. Also consider the crankcase external breathers. Ref DK Customs and forum sponsor.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:36 PM
RJMFXDC
Novice

Originally Posted by checkers
RJ, these units are designed to be used with a Stage 1 AF. It may be good to consider this or at least a K&N element for improved performance and ease of tuning. Also consider the crankcase external breathers. Ref DK Customs and forum sponsor.

Thanks checkers, I will look into an AF swap and breathers. I have already received an email that the Vigilante shipped. Hope it gets here for the weekend.

Old 03-23-2015, 08:41 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks checkers, I will look into an AF swap and breathers. I have already received an email that the Vigilante shipped. Hope it gets here for the weekend.
You will need a windows based lap top. Takes 15 mins on lap top and 10 min to download, done.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Big ALbert
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Supper chips Vigilante

Like I said Before I installed mine over 5 K ago .it gave two Choices for my set up
I installed the Firts one and was so happy with it never when back and made any changes
Running Stage one plus V&H slush cut slip one drill 6 holes at the end of each and sounds good runs good Happy camper

Quick Reply: Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!