Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Superchips Vigilante Tuner Exclusive Deal For Hdforums Members!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 08:37 PM
Cool Inferno
Road Master
Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Well I wouldn't say a bad deal because I got one at that low price and it works very good for my application. When I visited them (Superchips) not long ago, they mentioned to me that they were bought out by MSDP Group. That group has been purchasing many major auto part industries. They recently bought out Accel Performance Group that includes Mr. Gasket, Mallory Ignition, Lakewood, Quick time, and Hays Brands. (see link below)

I also got the email from Superchips and it further states that Accel will be handling the tuners and introduce the new Stealth Super Tuner at Sturgis.

http://restylingmag.com/news/superch...r-accel-brands

Edit: Googled the new Stealth Tuner by Accel and guess what, It's the same thing. Looking at the price they have, I still say it was a good deal while it was available to us.

http://accel-motorcycle.com/motorcyl...upertuner.html

Last edited by Cool Inferno; 07-27-2015 at 08:43 PM. Reason: added link
Old 07-27-2015, 09:34 PM
jojo1dog
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

hope accel has a few more programs, to support this tuner, since they are taking over for superchips, it is a great idea if they get the flaws out of the tunes. have had one from the start and it works fine even though i'm using a tune for a different setup.

Old 08-23-2015, 07:29 AM
undy
Tourer

Received 222 Likes on 97 Posts

I just bought a 2008 Heritage Softail Classic for our Virginia Home and it was stock, save a set of Vance & Hines true duals. Acceleration was very soft on the bottom end and mid/top power was not what I thought it should be. This was compared to my Florida 07 Softail with similar mods and a Vigilante tune.

I bought and put a K&N filter on it and went shopping for another Vigilante. I found a new one reasonably priced on Amazon.com. I uploaded the new tune and was/am truly amazed with the results. Off-idle acceleration is now crisp and immediate. mid and top end power is significantly better and the bike pulls much harder. The results are much more dramatic than the were on the 07. Again, very pleased with my second Vigilante.

Old 08-24-2015, 06:32 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by undy
I just bought a 2008 Heritage Softail Classic for our Virginia Home and it was stock, save a set of Vance & Hines true duals. Acceleration was very soft on the bottom end and mid/top power was not what I thought it should be. This was compared to my Florida 07 Softail with similar mods and a Vigilante tune.

I bought and put a K&N filter on it and went shopping for another Vigilante. I found a new one reasonably priced on Amazon.com. I uploaded the new tune and was/am truly amazed with the results. Off-idle acceleration is now crisp and immediate. mid and top end power is significantly better and the bike pulls much harder. The results are much more dramatic than the were on the 07. Again, very pleased with my second Vigilante.
Undy, I bought my Superchips Vigilante tuner when they offered the forum members a 1/2 price deal. The first canned map I installed was next to perfect and have been running it about a year now. No decel pop, improved mpg, no stumble and 6th gear pulls from 2100 RPM. Update: Superchips has sold the Harley Tuner business to Accel Corp. Will have to wait and see if they stick with it.

Last edited by checkers; 08-24-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:57 PM
undy
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Undy, I bought my Superchips Vigilante tuner when they offered the forum members a 1/2 price deal. The first canned map I installed was next to perfect and have been running it about a year now. No decel pop, improved mpg, no stumble and 6th gear pulls from 2100 RPM. Update: Superchips has sold the Harley Tuner business to Accel Corp. Will have to wait and see if they stick with it.
The first Vigilante I bought (for my other bike) was with the forum's 1/2 deal. It yielded great results also. I found another new programmer for 20 bucks more than the 1/2 deal that I got for the first one.

Superchips was bought out by the same conglomerate corporation as Accel was and some others, all under the same deal. It was the main corp that made the decision to transfer the motorcycle version to Accel as they provided other Harley products. It never was a deal between Superchips and Accel. Superchips promises to continue to support the Vigilante. Time will tell...

Old 01-07-2017, 01:04 PM
undy
Tourer

Digging up an old thread, I just got my 07 Softail Standard dyno'd after the Vigilantly tune. I'm very happy with the results, 75 Horsepower and 90 lb ft Torque. Air to fuel ratio was spot-on too. It's a bit sad the Superchips decided to walk away from motorcycles but. I'm a very satisfied "x" customer.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:07 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 237 Posts

Undy, they did sell the rights and tech to Accel Ignition products. I can't remember who the "mothership" is: Bendix, Accell, Autolite etc. They rebranded it and are still in production under a different name.

Old 01-08-2017, 12:36 PM
undy
Tourer

Originally Posted by checkers
Undy, they did sell the rights and tech to Accel Ignition products. I can't remember who the "mothership" is: Bendix, Accell, Autolite etc. They rebranded it and are still in production under a different name.
They did transfered the rights to Accell who is/was marketing it under a different name, Stealth Supertuner. Remember, Holley is the parent company for both Accell and Superchips. Holley figured since Accell already sold motorcycle parts that the tuner was more in line with their existing marketing line. I called Superchips about 6 months ago about updated downloads for mine and they said they've halted all support for the product too. They went on to say that Accell has abandoned the product also. I'm confused though... Accell still lists it on their website.

https://www.holley.com/brands/accel/...th_supertuner/

Since my Vigilante works fine and the tune is spot-on I haven't pursued it further. I've had my Vigilante for a couple years and always was concerned on how accurate my tune really was. After my dyno run I feel a lot better about things.