Vendor For Sale Classifieds HDForums Sponsors/Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Fly-N-Hawgs Saddlebox Protection GIVE-A-WAY

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 05:31 PM
flynhawgs
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today is the day!!!

Congrats to:

Smokey Stover

I am sure everyone would love to see pictures and a review of the product after you receive them.

For those who didn't win.....don't worry. You can still get them by visiting our website

www.flynhawgs.com

Old 08-13-2014, 09:02 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Default I won, I won!, First impressions/Review

My "Fly-N-Hawgs" Saddlebag Lid Protectors arrived today. They're as good or better than I hoped they would be. Thick but not too thick. Nice texture. I was on my way out the door to ride to my usual gas station, They close at 6:00 PM, So I literally threw them on in less than ten minutes. The only hard part was getting a perfect match Left/Right, If your as picky as I am.The releasable backing works great, I put first one on then the second, The first wasn't centered as even as the second so I peeled it of and reapplied it, then the second wasn't as centered front to back so I redid it also, We're only talking an 1/8" or so but I am picky lol. They look great, I've wanted something like these for a long time (since the first scuff She put on my lids) I never did find anything just right, The vinyl covers look cheap and would probably flap in the wind. And the chrome rails look good but She'd probably hook her heel on em and tip us over.So now I'll be working on a template for the side covers and the sides of my gas tank where my knees have worn spots. I tried one of those H-D tank bra things, vinyl looked cheap fit loose,Returned it. I should be able to do this with two of the 7.5x13 sheets available. Time will tell how they hold up (She has gotten better at mounting/dismounting) They look so good I don't want em scuffed up but it's better than scuffing the paint. I'll update with wear n tear review in a few months or less. We ride more once the weather cools down a bit. Now a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

Old 08-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Smokey Stover
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

One more,

Old 09-10-2014, 11:12 AM
backroads-2
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I"ll play,thanks