Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2015, 07:36 PM
loopie
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BeHem
No end of story,
Big Mouth.

I posted to this forum for three reasons.

One was, I was angry. Irrelevant, I know, but I had to give vent to that, being stuck in Athens with a bike I had always dreamed of owning.
Two, I was seeking information about my bike's breakdown. I got none. You guys beat the crap out of me, served me condescending bullshit and pseudo-physics theory but never helped.
Three, I thought if there was an issue with the V-Rod it was good biker practice to get the warning out to as many people as possible. You made sure the warning didn't get through. Congrats.

So here is the news from Paskalis, HD dealership Athens. He's tried to obtain spare parts from all over Europe, to no avail –a brake line, seriously??. He's phoned HD USA, who, he says, are "worried", and "investigating" what may be faulty manufacturing. The line simply ruptured. If it did go wrong there is no reason why it won't go wrong with another rider riding another V-Rod. In any case my motorcycle has been stuck in Athens for 4 weeks, and is nowhere near running again.

I appreciate your kind help, as you confirmed what I have long suspected, that forums like this are run by insiders on sales payroll whose job it is to destroy anybody that seems to criticize the firm's product.

End of story.

WHY dosent he remove the brake line and take too a hose repairer and get a new line made up,, or search the web and overnight a braided line for the bike, NOW you understand why everyone in the world hates Americans attitude,, MADE me laugh brake lines break all the time that's why we have 2 ..... but its coming from a country where they blew up their own people just so industry could make more money in a war .look at the Harleys being made in INDIA , . AMERICAN assembled from Chinese parts

Last edited by loopie; 06-30-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:17 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,775 Likes on 2,113 Posts

..... but its coming from a country where they blew up their own people just so industry could make more money in a war .look at the

And" you" being the only one in the world that has proof of this.Laughable

Old 07-01-2015, 01:16 AM
BeHem
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by johnjzjz
i am glad you / and the wife were not hurt crossing some of the places you had gone with the bike - they do have little issues its the reason they warranty them, and some do things other never seem to do, maybe in its assembly it had been set next to each other by mistake -

but it happened and you were lucky - i hope in the future your machine serves you well
Thanks for this reply, John, the only helpful one, with no aggression!
Yes, the guy in Athens said there must have been some error at assembly stage.

The reason he didn't replace the faulty line by one locally made was that HD obviously would not allow him to.

Other than this issue I must say that the machine is just a fantastic bike to ride.

Old 07-01-2015, 08:11 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by loopie
NOW you understand why everyone in the world hates Americans attitude
Only 14 year old girls care whether someone likes them or not. Moreover, only 14 year old girls think they're powerful by saying they "hate" someone. No matter where you live, the United States of America is in your country. Big Macs, Levis, Harleys, the list goes on and on. As close as we come to Australia is Outback steak house and, yup you guessed it, American. I never understood how people hate the "American Attitude" yet work so hard to copy us.

Old 07-01-2015, 11:29 PM
johnjzjz
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 2,867 Posts

Originally Posted by BeHem
No end of story,
Big Mouth.

I posted to this forum for three reasons.

One was, I was angry. Irrelevant, I know, but I had to give vent to that, being stuck in Athens with a bike I had always dreamed of owning.
Two, I was seeking information about my bike's breakdown. I got none. You guys beat the crap out of me, served me condescending bullshit and pseudo-physics theory but never helped.
Three, I thought if there was an issue with the V-Rod it was good biker practice to get the warning out to as many people as possible. You made sure the warning didn't get through. Congrats.

So here is the news from Paskalis, HD dealership Athens. He's tried to obtain spare parts from all over Europe, to no avail –a brake line, seriously??. He's phoned HD USA, who, he says, are "worried", and "investigating" what may be faulty manufacturing. The line simply ruptured. If it did go wrong there is no reason why it won't go wrong with another rider riding another V-Rod. In any case my motorcycle has been stuck in Athens for 4 weeks, and is nowhere near running again.

I appreciate your kind help, as you confirmed what I have long suspected, that forums like this are run by insiders on sales payroll whose job it is to destroy anybody that seems to criticize the firm's product.

End of story.
we custom make lines to fit machines we build all the time and in the after market books they sell kits to fit any app

i also have a 03 v rod in parts but i will have to check if the line is the same - i will call HD tomorrow if so i can send it to you just pay the postage PM me if you want it