VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-tarded

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 01:31 AM
Sir-Vrod-Vtard
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-tarded

I recently purchased my first HD, I got the 2015 knighthood Vrod and I couldn't be happier until this morning when I go out to garage and plop down on the bike and nothing.... So I screwed around with it for a while tried to roll start it and had no luck, so I gave up and went ahead to work. Came back on lunch and[ had jumper cables this time. Not thinking anything of it I hooked them up as usual, and of course it started up after a little jiggling on the other trucks end. My DUmnb *** immepdiatley tries to pull the bike up into the garg, IN MY DEFENCE IT WAS 105 Degrees and I was hot to say the least. It Dies! tThen the "jumper truck" starts to run out of gas so he takes off and left me with his cables so I pull my newer truck with a larger battery up and proceed to start the bike. I put the negative on and as I was doing the positive it touched the bike and it never responded after that. I didn't know the thing about removing the battery and or wasn't thinking about volts Vs Volts.
I checked the fuses and from what I can see they are all good unless its the giant black one and I would assume that it would be the in-line fuses, but I since then have removed the battery, charged it, put it back in and still not a damn thing.
Did I fry the Sytem?
Can I roll start it?
Other then the obvious insults that Im sure your thinking, really just need help

Old 07-29-2015, 02:10 AM
ALR Wolf
6th Gear
Default Prolly just the fuse coming off of "+" battery to brain box.

Check down the smaller wire off of one of your battery posts. It should have an on-line fuse. Check that one.
If it doesn't have one??? After yiu figure out whuch fuse it is from the fuse bix... You then know what you need to put on your cable... Just in case you do this again ( and I guarantee that you will... Everyone does).

Old 07-29-2015, 03:00 AM
Sir-Vrod-Vtard
Stage III
Default Re- alr wolf

Yeah man, I already have one on the hot wire (7.5) looks fine, the is also a big *** like (27) or something that seems flawless as well. Could be the big black one that I need a tester to check but Thanks wolf

Old 07-29-2015, 08:35 AM
Slim Chris
Intermediate

Are you far away from the dealer. I would assume if its a 2015 I would drop all problems on their lap. How long was it sitting before you rode it ? Is there a burning smell ? Give us more info

Old 07-29-2015, 02:37 PM
Sir-Vrod-Vtard
Stage III
Default Reply

Yeah I got an appt on friday, about 80 miles, not too bad, wanted to take the bike. I had ordered an exhaust that finally came in. I went with Akrapovic but now this crap. No burning smell that I could detect and no blackened anything, murdered out so its hard to tell but I pulled the large fuse out of the main fuse box and 2 of the 4 prongs are dark instead of silver, assume this means that its burnt? Hopefully thats the case and just have to replace the battery and the fuse. Stoked to hit the road again! THANKS

Old 07-29-2015, 02:49 PM
SoFloRod
1st Gear

Might have just blown the main fuse.

Old 07-30-2015, 04:46 AM
ALR Wolf
6th Gear
Default Push it into the street and get it towed...

One trick I've learned over the years ( to avoid a DUI) push it into the street and call a tow to take it to a dealer. Tell 'em it won't start (duh) and to tow it to the nearest stealership...and then send the tow bill to your insurance company.
Its worked like a charm while totally drunk.... And riding didn't seem like a good idea.
Caveat... 'Ya can't do this every weekend. Lol!!!