VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Why is this part of the forum seems dead?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 02:00 PM
Derf_
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts
Default Why is this part of the forum seems dead?

Are people ashamed of owning a VROD? Or is it that other people are ashamed that the VROD is a Harley?

When looking for a bike, i must say that the VROD seemed like a hell of a machine. It was in my top 3 along with the M109R and the Victory. But for a first bike, maybe a little too much.

Ended up buying a Sportster custom, that i would probably pass on to my girlfriend in a few years and get a bigger bike. So back my first question.

Old 02-27-2016, 02:43 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

I owned a Nightrod Special for a few years and loved it. Got a ton of compliments from old,young,HD riders, and Metrics. Every time I pulled into my local HD shop to grab something somebody was always gawking @ it when I came out.

Seems like the only negative things I've heard said about it has been online forums. Heard a few guys reference that it has a "Porsche" engine in it...... But since when is that a bad thing??? I'm not a brand guy, I buy what I like which explains why I now ride a 15RGS and a Hayabusa.

That Nightrod never gave me any problems and ran like a champ. Brembo brakes stopped that 700+lb bike on a dime. A buddy of mine has a M109R and I've ridden a Victory. They pale in comparison...... The fit & finish ain't there like it is with the HD. Too much plastic, lack of aftermarket performance/styling accessories and the overall ride and feel didn't even come close.

I definitely wouldn't recommend it as a beginner bike due to the ergonomics of it. Depending on your height and reach it tends to have shorter riders stretch forward a bit and you have to get used to the handling with a 240mm rear tire. The only negatives I can say about it is you tend to get beat up a little after a few hours of highway riding. Again the ergonomics of the bike coupled with no wind shield will wear on you after a couple hundred miles. The other issue is that it's not a passenger friendly bike whatsoever. I tried a few different setups on it but my girl could barely last an hour on it before tapping out.

Old 02-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Aggressor05
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Because no one wants a warmed over V-Max, LOL J/K

Old 02-27-2016, 06:32 PM
Derf_
Tourer
Received 74 Likes on 62 Posts

Yes the VROD style makes it stand out from the crowd. Such a beautiful bike. And i wouldnt mind the fact that Porsche helped with the motor. I think its even better like that. Reading on Harley's, i would be reluctant to buy their big v-twin. The sound, ok. I get that. The brand? Well everyone knows that German engineering is top notch. And Harley riders loves to wear German WW2 helmet, but will snob them, the best engine makers, while getting parts manufactured in third world countries? I dont get that.

The thing about the M109R is the raw power. I dont need that right now and my girl hates the look, she says it looks like it got stung by a bee. But I like the fact that a cruiser can look like a sport bike.

MatteGlide15, you just helped me confirm that this is a great bike, and probably my next one in a few years.

Old 02-27-2016, 07:45 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Because almost all are over on the www.1130cc.com web site. You want info on all things Vrod go there.

Last edited by lh4x4; 02-27-2016 at 07:48 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:01 PM
langwilliams
Elite HDF Member
Received 302 Likes on 274 Posts

the 1130cc or v rod facebook page get most of the action

Old 02-28-2016, 02:26 AM
Sailrider 1
Road Warrior
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Not as many folks on this forum own VRods I suspect. I had a 2012 Nightrod Special. I loved it. Great bike, raw power and speed. Ran like a champ and never a bit of problems. Drew a crowd wherever I parked it. You don't see a lot of them around my area. I miss it a lot but had to sell out the stable of bikes I had to purchase my current CVO.

Old 02-28-2016, 08:30 AM
houstonhdguy
Road Warrior
Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Because almost all are over on the www.1130cc.com web site. You want info on all things Vrod go there.
Yep...the place to go for all things vrod!

Old 02-28-2016, 08:46 AM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

I've had two Vrods over 100,000 miles combined. That is a great bike unfortunately I can only afford one vehicle so p/u a FLHTC because I needed to buy groceries. I will have another Vrod when I can get a cheap truck to hall the groceries. I haven't owned anything but a bike for the last few years.

Old 03-02-2016, 08:17 PM
OldRon
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As has been state; 1130cc.com is a forum devoted to the Harley-Davidson V-Rod motorcycle. I will never understand how air versus liquid could create a rift between owners of Harley-Davidson motorcycles.

I went to buy a new Sportster and when the salesman told me that it produced 75 horsepower then I changed directions and purchased a V-Rod. I had not owned a motorcycle since selling my Yamaha FJ1100 back in the 80s so I was virtually a motorcycle NewB. I bought a V-Rod because I wanted to be a Harley rider. I could have purchased a Vespa motorscooter and I would have been more welcome at the organized motorcycle rides which are predominantly Harley riders.

I don't get it,

Ron

Quick Reply: Why is this part of the forum seems dead?