VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Discontinuing the VROD???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 08:12 PM
jmike
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by varider12$
V rods where never embraced by the HD corp and especially the dealers which is a shame best bike in its class by a mile!!
Agreed. Had a VRSCB for over 10 years. Awesome MC!

Old 02-21-2017, 12:54 PM
Dogged
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Love mine. HD will be making a mistake with expanding their market reach if they discontinue it. I mainly ride sports bikes but the V-Rod is the only H-D I will ride.

Old 02-25-2017, 11:30 AM
Oldun
Cruiser
Received 56 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dogged
Love mine. HD will be making a mistake with expanding their market reach if they discontinue it. I mainly ride sports bikes but the V-Rod is the only H-D I will ride.
Will never let my very first Harley go (2002 FXDXT) but my 2004 VRSC has been / is so much fun. Added a long range tank, a Track turbo and touring accessories and it's great cross-country as well. I agree, I think H-D will regret this decision (but they'll never admit it :-) )

Old 02-25-2017, 04:18 PM
cghorr01
Advanced
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

From the dealer's perspective (I worked in the H-D shop in my town for over 4 years) the VROD was dead weight. They didn't sell at all and dealers wound up giving them away or even losing money just to move them. They seemed to do ok in the private used market but that is hardly justification for the MoCo to keep building them as HD makes precisely zero dollars off private used bike sales. I know the VROD has a loyal following but at the end of the day the MoCo has to build what sells new in dealer showrooms otherwise they go out of business!

Old 02-25-2017, 04:19 PM
cghorr01
Advanced

And the simple answer is yes, the VROD has been discontinued

Old 02-25-2017, 04:27 PM
cghorr01
Advanced

Our district rep was quite adamant that it would not be returning either. This being the same guy who told me that the Road Glide was DEFINITELY coming back once they tweaked it and as we all know, it did. He told us at that time that the Road Glide wasn't discontinued, only undergoing a refresh that they could not complete at the same time as the rest of the Rushmore project.

Old 03-01-2017, 03:01 PM
varider12$
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't see the bike coming back anytime soon. Maybe the motor in another HD?

Old 03-13-2017, 08:19 AM
TheRoad
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have really enjoyed these 10 pages. I love my 2009 Fatboy. The water cooled/air cooled argument will probably be decided by the European environmental regulations. This just pisses me off. I do not care or want to hear about European emissions regulations and their effect on US bikes. Hell we already have the idiots at the California Air Resources Board with their regulations effecting motorcycles. Harley all ready sets up their bike running way to lean to pass existing EPA regs. Catalytic converters in the headed pipes, lean tunes, reculation systems, hot running engines to better meet EPA. Then we have the $10,000,000.00 dollar fine. I am tired of stupid regulations.

Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 PM
cghorr01
Advanced

You and I both. The simple truth is that the exhaust emissions from bikes compared to passenger cars/trucks or anything diesel is insignificant. It's just the left trying to tell folks what's best for them through excessive government regulation. Big 2nd amendment supporter here so don't take this the wrong way. I can own a gun but not a tuner for my motorcycle? F the EPA and anyone else that is actively trying to crush 100+ years of American heritage through excessive BS regulation. Harleys should be exempt because 'Murica dammit!

Originally Posted by TheRoad
I have really enjoyed these 10 pages. I love my 2009 Fatboy. The water cooled/air cooled argument will probably be decided by the European environmental regulations. This just pisses me off. I do not care or want to hear about European emissions regulations and their effect on US bikes. Hell we already have the idiots at the California Air Resources Board with their regulations effecting motorcycles. Harley all ready sets up their bike running way to lean to pass existing EPA regs. Catalytic converters in the headed pipes, lean tunes, reculation systems, hot running engines to better meet EPA. Then we have the $10,000,000.00 dollar fine. I am tired of stupid regulations.

Old 03-15-2017, 07:25 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

After seeing that new 750 Street Rod that Harley just released, I can pretty much say without reservation, that if the Moco were to pop that 1250 VRod engine into that Street Rod, my Sportster would be gone faster than a buffalo fart in the wind. Frankly, I'm hoping that's been their plan all along.... but I'm pretty doubtful the Snorkster will be going anywhere, anytime soon..... sigh.

Quick Reply: Discontinuing the VROD???