V-rod alarm trouble help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:06 AM
england66
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-rod alarm trouble help!!!!!

HI EVERYBODY!
Just bought, 2003 v rod. I bought it from auction, usa.Last week container arrived to my town. i live in lithuania. By some reason it doest has key fob. Only i.ve got is ignition key. Tried to start the engine , but it wont start.LAter i have noticed that it doesnt has a spark on plugs.Probably its because armed alarm.With this HD i didnt get owners manual. So i'm stucked now in deep sh*t. Want to ride , but i cant.
Would someone advice me what to do. How to disengage this f*****g alarm.thanks everyboy

Old 03-13-2008, 11:48 AM
eazy
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: V-rod alarm trouble help!!!!!

Let's first make sure it's alarm related. Do the blinkers flash when the bike is turned on with the key? This is a clear indication of the alarm being activated. Another simple question---is the run switch on when you try to start the bike? I don't know the difference between Euro and American bikes, it's on the right switch housing by the grip on American bikes. Not trying to sound stupid or imply that you are, just trying to help you figure this out.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:51 AM
eazy
Road Warrior

Rereading your comments I should also add that the bike will not turn over (the starter will not crank) if the alarm is set. If it cranks but doesn't start you have other problems.

Old 03-13-2008, 05:36 PM
agedwards63
Road Master

Is the battery connected? they may not have allowed it to be shipped with the battery connected if not you can deactivate the alarm with the turn signals but you would need access to a owners manual and PRAY that no owner generated code was entered

Old 04-02-2008, 11:08 AM
rjrivero
Tourer

If it's a european model V-Rod, you're screwed. You'll need to haul the bike to a Dealer and have them program new fobs for it. The european models, once set up at the dealer, AUTO ARM. You may want to try the manual disarm sequense but if they programmed a custom code, you won't be able to do it that way either. BUT, try this: (Assume the code is 1-1-1-1-1)

Turn the ign key to acc.

Hold both turn signals down until confirmation (security key light blinks at fast rate)

Enter the first digit of the code in this case 1 by pressing the left turn signal button in this case 1 time.

Press the right turn switch 1 time.

Enter the second digit of the code by pressing the left turn signal. (1 time)

Press the right turn signal 1 time

Enter the third digit of the code by pressing the left turn signal (1 time)

Press the right turn signal 1 time

Enter the fourth digit of the code by pressing the left turn switch 1 time

Press the right turn switch one time.

enter the fifth digit of the cod by pressing the left turn signal 1 time

press the right turn switch one time

The security lamp should stop blinking. If it does, the system is disarmed.

If not, call the dealer and make arrangements for the bike to have a new code eneterd, and new fobs assigned.

Good luck.

RJ

Old 08-13-2010, 07:28 PM
SBrown31
Stage I

I have recently purchased a 2002 V-Rod and didn't recieve any fobs with the bike. I have ridden the bike for approx 3 months with no issue, while only having the ignition key. Although while recently riding, the alarm has began to alarm at random times and for no apparent reason, the blinkers are not flashing while the alarm is sounding, nor do they flash when the ignition is turned on. The only thing that I have found that will make it stop is hitting bumps or revving engine(creating vibration) and the alarm goes off for the time being. This problem has gotten worse over the last few hundred miles. I was originally thinking loose ground but have checked the grounds that I can find on the bike with no change. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Old 08-14-2010, 10:50 AM
Hal64hd
Road Master

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

HOLY THREAD REVIVAL Batman