VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Blubber V-Bobber?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:44 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by Brettcr
Thats my buddies bike and is actually a really old pic. Here are a few different pics. One of Travis (VenomousSVT) on his bike. Another friends bike here in Charlotte (07dx), and SChamberlins bike. All extremely nice chopped fender lowered looks:
Cool bikes. Like that chopped fender contoured to the seat and the LED brake light. Looks "mean" lowered.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:49 AM
CountryPunk
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh no, I understand the, "my bike, I'll do what I want" attitude. I get it. lol

It's this ridiculous idea that painting your bike flat black or olive drab and throwing on some red wheels and white walls makes something a "bobber". It's like people are trying to collect cool points with different stupid trinkets that will one day add up to a bobber. Pipe wrap, 100 points. Spring seat, 300 points. Brass knuckles, pinstriping, '32 Ford taillights, see where I'm going with this? Adding on all this unnecessary bullshit is the complete opposite of what the bikes were originally intended to be. Things that are not necessary to making the bike go or stop get tossed, that's it! Beautifully simple. The word "bobber" has been diluted to the point that it doesn't really mean ****. Today, it's nothing more than a buzz word or catch phrase for selling stick on, bolt on, cover up junk. I think it's kind of a slap in the face to the people that first pushed the envelope and developed the style.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:14 PM
OldBob
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Punk Gets it.

Bob

Old 02-26-2010, 01:01 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

THE V ROD MUSCLE AND NIGHT RODS ARE COOL, i have seen a v rod with apes and didnt think it looked right

Old 01-23-2016, 05:26 PM
kber
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duggal
Hope everyone's doing well. I love my Night Rod Special and lately I've been liking these Bobbers more and more and was wondering if anyone has ever converted a V-Rod (or Night Rod) into a Bobber? I'm seriously thinking of buying one or building one but wanted to know if there is some conversion or anything for the V-Rod or what I could do to make it into a Bobber. Not my Night Rod Special though, I'll get another one if I can convert it ... I love the Revolution Engine. See the below image of something what I'd like to do (not ride with the girl like that ... I mean the bike! haha! although I've thought of it with my wife for some photos though).

Thanks,
V Man

What Harley is used in this pic? I want one.