VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

Factory Notice

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:02 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts
Default Factory Notice

Just got a letter from HD regarding the 2012 Vrod. It seems that the grommet on the wiring harness to the stator may weep oil.

It is not a safety issue but they will replace it which may mean a new stator with a larger grommet at no charge.

They must be very concerned about the Vrod image as there are quick fixes with that grommet that I know of. The letter stated that it was only in the interest of customer satisfaction.

Going to the Dealer tomorrow to schedule. But without the notice, had I seen that sucker leak I would have got some black sealant pulled the grommet loose, cleaned it and smeared sealant around it and pushed it back in. Works well.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:15 AM
DJ Kaz
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks for heads up

Originally Posted by lh4x4
Just got a letter from HD regarding the 2012 Vrod. It seems that the grommet on the wiring harness to the stator may weep oil.

It is not a safety issue but they will replace it which may mean a new stator with a larger grommet at no charge.

They must be very concerned about the Vrod image as there are quick fixes with that grommet that I know of. The letter stated that it was only in the interest of customer satisfaction.

Going to the Dealer tomorrow to schedule. But without the notice, had I seen that sucker leak I would have got some black sealant pulled the grommet loose, cleaned it and smeared sealant around it and pushed it back in. Works well.
Just bought a new Night Special at a dealer in NC. Informed him of your post. Service dept. had no idea, that is until they plugged in the VIN #.
Sure enough it popped up and they ordered the part. I can't believe I have to rely on a post to inform them.
Thanks, you saved me a lot of hassle before picking up the bike.