VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

VROD questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 02:22 PM
confused
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm thinking if I go this route I want a 2012 with the new improvements.
Yes I agree if I was continuing to do a bunch of "touring" then I would not even be thinking about the VROD.
I just have not done much touring other than a couple short trips here and there.

Old 04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by confused
I'm thinking if I go this route I want a 2012 with the new improvements.
Yes I agree if I was continuing to do a bunch of "touring" then I would not even be thinking about the VROD.
I just have not done much touring other than a couple short trips here and there.
I dont know if you got the bike yet or what you decided? But if your serious about the Vrod the 2012 is deffanetly the Model to get!!! 2012 Night rod special to be exact! I almost bought a Night rod last year! But it was a 2011 and i took it for a test ride! For me the riding position was terrible to say the least! I wanted to like the bike so bad.. Im use to owning traditional harleys all my life IE.. sporty ,street bob , Night train , and now a new 2012 Fatboy Lo! Last year i was so pumped about the Night rod i was convinced until i took it for a test ride! That being said 2012 they totally changed the riding position as you know already! I have not takin a 12 for a test ride but from what i hear they are light years ahead comfy compaired to the old one from the factory! I wish they had a 12 available for me to test ride at the time but they didnt.. and i didnt realize they were making huge changes to the bike for the new year!! So i passed on it and went with the Fatboy Lo which i love to death.. But if i ever win the lotto i will be sure looking at a new 2012 or newer Night rod as a 2nd bike! I love the performance and was really in the mood to get a Muscle bike!! Still am! LoL..

Old 04-23-2012, 07:19 PM
yzf1999
Intermediate

I have an 07 AW and an 08 street glide.. i agree with the statement you should ride your new vrod for awhile before you get rid of your bagger. The vrod is a fun bike, but its a real pain on the highway or long rides.

Old 04-24-2012, 06:40 AM
rubyeb
6th Gear

The Nightrod Special seems to be a bike I should sit on. Knowing these details is known to those that know. Us rookies have no idea. A sad thing happened on the way to getting old. My ability to afford is not proportional to what I know about the bikes. Bet there's a lot of folks like me.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 AM
PHOBBY
Stage III

I just bought a 2012 Vrod Muscle and love the bike. Get killer compliments on it everyday i ride it, the other day my buddy saw it for the first time and said the pictures did it no justice. For A 6' 5" 275 guy the bike fits me like a glove and handle great with my weight in all turns, i lean the hell out of the bike everyday i ride it in turns and feel extremely confident. The power is killer bc anytime you are ready to go just drop a gear and twist the throttle. I rode my dads 5 harleys over the years and this is the best bike I've ever been on. My dad rode it the day i bought it back to the house after a trip to get dinner and said it ride as good as it looks ( comparing it to his Road king with air ride suspension ). I consider the new VROD as an answer from Harley for a bike to fit this day and age. IT screams harley but performs like a harley for 2012. Other harley's seemed just a little outdated for the money compared to what you get from the VROD

Old 04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by PHOBBY
I just bought a 2012 Vrod Muscle and love the bike. Get killer compliments on it everyday i ride it, the other day my buddy saw it for the first time and said the pictures did it no justice. For A 6' 5" 275 guy the bike fits me like a glove and handle great with my weight in all turns, i lean the hell out of the bike everyday i ride it in turns and feel extremely confident. The power is killer bc anytime you are ready to go just drop a gear and twist the throttle. I rode my dads 5 harleys over the years and this is the best bike I've ever been on. My dad rode it the day i bought it back to the house after a trip to get dinner and said it ride as good as it looks ( comparing it to his Road king with air ride suspension ). I consider the new VROD as an answer from Harley for a bike to fit this day and age. IT screams harley but performs like a harley for 2012. Other harley's seemed just a little outdated for the money compared to what you get from the VROD
DITTO; 100% CORRECT!!! Excellent write up.

I traded my 2010 RK this past Tuesday for A V Rod - Put 250 miles on it since
Tuesday and loved every minute of it....

I don't miss that RK at all

And the ride is much better than advertised!! Riding is fun again - and not work!

Old 04-27-2012, 01:58 PM
confused
Road Captain

Thanks everyone for all the input here.
Trying to sell the Ultra now, no hurry though.
Don' think they will change too much for 2013,
so if I have no luck selling then I will start the dealer trade in quest.

Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Zakk13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 635 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by confused
Thanks everyone for all the input here.
Trying to sell the Ultra now, no hurry though.
Don' think they will change too much for 2013,
so if I have no luck selling then I will start the dealer trade in quest.
Good Luck!! Let us know how it goes!

Old 05-05-2012, 11:33 PM
CPT America
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know I'm a little late getting to the party but I wouldn't necessarily accept someone else's view about what would be the best model for you (i.e. riding position, comfort, etc...) since everyones body composition is ergonomically different. I have a 2007 NRS and it suits me perfectly, primarily because I built it to. When I was looking at bikes I sat on a 2011 and 2012 NRS and didn't really care for them. Again, just personal preference. I would just say use CL in your area and see if you can at least sit on a couple different years/models. The nice thing, as has been pointed out already, is that you can mix and match parts from various models to make the VRSC line up suit you. I have a thread called "2007 NRS "Rod King" with photos of my bike if you want to check it out. It's definitely got the blacked out look.

Old 03-19-2015, 08:45 PM
Pete Puma
Stage III
Default 07 vrod handle bars

I need to adjust my handle bars up. What kind of replace or where do I look. All I need to do is adjust them up. One piece sucks. Got any ideas?