VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

My "Outlaw" style Night Rod Special

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 07:40 PM
JayDRod
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very cool... I am always concerned about visibility from behind but looks very bright. I have the Badlands LED conversion and might be able to run the turn signals in red so they are on always and then blink when turning and that may do the trick.

I over boost the light on my license plate because the retro-reflection in it has been cancelled (otherwise it is a very strong LiDAR reflector). That bright plate provides a center reference to following vehicles so that it is very easy to distinguish which way I am signalling to turn. Good to angle the plate upward at a steep angle too as that reduces LiDAR return as well. The cops will get your speed anyway but only at a much closer range to them and by that time I have seen them and checked my speed.

I like the front fork turn signals too. They seem to be very visible. Your bike looks good with less junk hanging off of it -- giving it a simplified streamlined kind of look. Funny how everyone is into such a wide variety of things. My experience is that most folks like this look and the few that hate it -- REALLY HATE IT. I can only see your bike as beaut! My bike is fairly close to yours right now and it draws a crowd where ever I go and honestly -- I like the audience it draws and the conversations spawned from it.

I should show you a pic. Only changes since this is V&H 2-into-1 competition pipes, smoked bezels with LED lights. First time trying to link in a photo. Hope it works.

Last edited by JayDRod; 05-27-2014 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Photo too small. Correcting photo.
Old 05-27-2014, 08:33 PM
JayDRod
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey.... I also down-sweep my mirrors. I have experimented with various positions and with them up in my forward field-of-view or downward. I use the mirrors when changing lanes or pulling out in traffic and a few other things but normally I don't react to movement in them while riding. I am not sure if this is a good thing or not but I seem to be much more responsive to things as I am unlearning some old habits. Now thinking of using bar-end mirrors.

I was finding that the fast-automatic response to movement in my vision was delayed somewhat when I had to first determine if the movement (in peripheral vision) was actually in my forward field-of-view or behind me (in the mirrors). I think this comes from some additional mental-processing steps:

With mirrors in forward field-of-view:
a. You see movement in your forward field-of-view periphery.
b. You direct your focus there.
c. Oh.. it is in my rear view mirror. I will ignore it.

With down-swept mirrors: -- Much faster responding to threats like cars coming into path from a right side road.
a. You see movement in your clear forward field-of-view periphery & react to it.

Works for me...

Old 06-04-2015, 10:30 AM
pdfurija1975
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG ...Very nice bike. Great job! Front feiring is beast, how to get one and where? I do own 2014 Breakout and I am looking for one. Thank you

Old 06-04-2015, 02:10 PM
pdfurija1975
Stage II

I love it... Where I can get this front fairing ?

Old 08-20-2015, 05:02 AM
atrox88
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

I like everything except the bars. That exhaust really fits the look well. I'd like to hear that Fat Cat on a V-Rod.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:57 PM
mdanehart
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice work.

Old 08-22-2015, 10:45 PM
bgup619
Tourer
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Best looking vrod I've ever seen

Old 01-30-2016, 02:27 PM
John H Harvey
Stage I

I have a 2011 vrscdx and very interested in the Radiantz turn signals. I did not see them listed on the side unless they changed the name to x lights.

How does the LED strip mount to the bottom of the fender?

Does the LED strip come with all needed hardware?

if not, What hardware will I need to mount these.

John

Old 01-30-2016, 02:46 PM
WVDevil
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

Looks great. Don't like fork boots on anything but overall look is fabulous!

Old 02-08-2016, 10:09 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I know this is an old thread but since I just picked up an 08 Night Rod Special (for a song), I'm starting to cruise through the VRSC section here on the forum (as well as over at 1130cc.com). I've lived in the Dyna section for the last 5 years. OP: That definitely is a different direction you went with the fairing and bars, but I appreciate that look as well as from a comfort standpoint, that's probably much better for any long days.

Quick Reply: My "Outlaw" style Night Rod Special