VRSC Models V-Rod, Street Rod, Night Rod and Night Rod Special

V-Rod Windshield

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 07:57 AM
BobFidler
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V-Rod Windshield

Just purchased a 06 V-Rod Street Rod, bought a Harley Davidson Midsport Windshield Kit 57213-06 from a Harley Dealer $344, installed per instructions. Windshield rattles at lower engine rpm and is about 4 ' to low to deflect air over head. Any advice about windshields available for v-rod that function better?

Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 PM
wuaname
Road Captain

My used vrod came with a windshield and I haven't had any issues with it. I will check to see which brand and model it is and post up

Old 02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
JayDRod
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Duck? (and add mid-controls) ha.

Really you can be looking out over the top of your windshield and getting direct wind in your face at 20-35 mph. But what happens when you are going 65 MPH when it really matters? I think in thar lies the rub... air deflected deflects air itself in a good design (the windshield defects more air than its frontal surface area indicates and designed for some optimal speed).

I wouldn't put up with a traditional HD rattle on a Vrod: Not for a second. That may be resolvable by using some kind of dampner silicone/rubber around connection points, tighening down the bolts with locktite thread locker, etc.

No aversion to non-HD parts (as long as they are better): I am also not averted to non-HD parts... I buy what ever the science shows me is best and not because of the name on it or subjective "testimonials" from others. Sometimes that means non-HD parts (Pireilli Night Dragon tires for instance vs OEM Dunlop). I can tell you that many times HD has the best part on the market -- hands down -- the Syn3 10micro oil filter fits into that category. Also, you might already know this but HD buys market products and puts their name on it and adds 25% to the price (HJC helmets for instance). So you can find the same item for less on the open market... if you really need it to say Harley then buy a decal/patch, etc. spend wisely.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:41 AM
Purring Motor
Advanced

I've got a HD quick-release windshield on order, for when I do interstate runs. I will post feedback once its on.