Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

WTB Stereo Caddy for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2014, 05:06 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default WTB Stereo Caddy for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.

Help ... again.

I'm attempting to rebuild my recently accident damaged 1986 FLTC Tour Glide Classic. Having trouble locating the stereo caddy to fit my ride.

Would prefer one in good condition. No cracks or breaks (I already have one of those). I will be repainting it to match so cosmetic issues and color match is not important.

If you have one for sale, or a lead on one, or a suggestion of an aftermarket one that will fit please let me know.

I thought I was going to be able to locate a new one but that's not happening with any dealers worldwide.

Old 11-01-2014, 08:09 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member

Thought I should add:

I hit everything on Google today when I discovered Ronnie's had it listed but couldn't get it. Chris over at Ronnie's explained that after so many years it's hard to keep up the list of "only available" items. I understood but we still wound up negating about 2/3rds of my order.

I've already called Alaska and sent emails to 3 out of the country dealers too.

Hopefully the right footboard bracket I have to have can be found. I have my buddy at the local Harley Dealership checking on 2 available through there parts search.

I'm being hit with the reality that repair parts are getting slim for some of those 1 or 2 year parts from the 80's.

I may have to repair or machine some things myself to make do. SUKS! Good thing I have winter ahead to deal with all of this or I'd be telling them to total my bike and taking the money and putting it down on a newer model. And if I hadn't put so much into making it run real well I'd let it go. I have everything but a few items to be back on the road and hope to rebuild it.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:14 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
Thought I should add:

I hit everything on Google today when I discovered Ronnie's had it listed but couldn't get it. Chris over at Ronnie's explained that after so many years it's hard to keep up the list of "only available" items. I understood but we still wound up negating about 2/3rds of my order.

I've already called Alaska and sent emails to 3 out of the country dealers too.

Hopefully the right footboard bracket I have to have can be found. I have my buddy at the local Harley Dealership checking on 2 available through there parts search.

I'm being hit with the reality that repair parts are getting slim for some of those 1 or 2 year parts from the 80's.

I may have to repair or machine some things myself to make do. SUKS! Good thing I have winter ahead to deal with all of this or I'd be telling them to total my bike and taking the money and putting it down on a newer model. And if I hadn't put so much into making it run real well I'd let it go. I have everything but a few items to be back on the road and hope to rebuild it.
So Johnny, what exactly are you still looking for sir?

Check with MC Creations in Houston - http://mccreations.org/
also with Rob @ Robs Used Harley Parts - http://www.robsusedharleyparts.com/main.php

I had good luck with both of these when putting back together a 1967 XLCH

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 11-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.
Old 11-02-2014, 12:38 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member

Nutz,

Thanks for some more contacts. I'll be calling asap.

The caddy is broken up real bad, more so than the above picture shows. It's either find one or do some critical repairs and maybe fiberglass this one.

Once I get a chance to wrench on it I'm going to reset the handlebars to their normal position and see if they are truly bent, or just looking odd where they are, out of place. I'm sure I can find aftermarket ones to fit if needed.

I wanted to order the seat in black but it's not available. I can redo my existing seat in black and have cushioning added back. I can only get the back rest in black and fortunately the OEM one is still available.

The repaint is going to be in Arctic White, maybe Pearl, and Gloss Black, where the gold is now and the inner fairing, with blue metallic pin stripe where the red is, if it all works out.

I'll know by mid week if I have a replacement king tour pack from a forum member.

And the Windshield is on back order but should still be available. Suks because I just put a new windshield on in the spring. It was destroyed in the accident.

But like I mentioned the Bracket Assembly for the right footboard (50584-86) was snapped right off and I won't know until direct contact is made with the 2 dealers indicating they might have stock. Probably hear back on Monday.

Here's different views of the busted up caddy.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 PM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

yikes.. yeah that looks pretty bad... well at least you're in a condition to put it all back together.. could have been worse bud..

Old 11-02-2014, 02:27 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member

Oh I am mighty thankful my Wife and I weren't hurt more than we were.

Just wish the ride was newer and someone else could handle the fixing it back up.

It's going to work out that I'm going to have to take all the components off and the items needing repair and repainting will be taken care of and returned to me. Meanwhile I'll be making all the other repairs and complete reassembly.

Something to think about; 3 weeks before the accident I was so happy to have everything taken care of and in great working order after 5 years of restoration work.

I'm feeling more like taking a cash settlement and investing in something newer, but then I worked hard on this project and, mechanically it's superior in many ways than stock. Still runs great, and that's something to be thankful for. The rest is mostly just body parts.

Old 11-02-2014, 06:17 PM
Beaux
Road Warrior
Received 226 Likes on 147 Posts

Does it have to be brown? I just sold my black 86' and the caddy was off but in good shape. If interested I could contact the buyer to see if he's gonna use it or be interested in selling ........

Old 11-02-2014, 07:14 PM
JohnnyC
Outstanding HDF Member

Beaux,

I sure would appreciate you checking. Either color will work.

I'm needing some good news. Things have been getting me down with too many issues including trying to get my bike back together since the collision.

Old 11-04-2014, 09:58 AM
SeaZund
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't have any parts you need; but sorry to hear you wreaked your TG. Several on eBay this morning, though a couple might not be for a shark fairing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PACIFICO-CYC...4bd8f6&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-FLT-R...730c1f&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1981-TO-1985...8b3c49&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-radio...61f681&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-David...c40287&vxp=mtr

Last edited by SeaZund; 11-04-2014 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,744 Likes on 18,543 Posts

Geez Johnny ... Glad you and the Ol Gal are alright ... Good Luck with the parts hunt!

Quick Reply: WTB Stereo Caddy for '86 FLTC Tour Glide Classic.