Want To Buy Motorcycles/Parts/Accessories Looking for a Motorcycle or a part to help get your motorcycle back together? In search of a deal on used leathers? Post your wants here! Please read the rules for posting in this section.

Need to buy an old beater Harley

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 12:19 PM
joewg3
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need to buy an old beater Harley

Hi all -

Due to me losing my job last month I have to sell my Road King. It's killing me, but bills and family come first. I've got a buyer lined up but I really need something just to scoot around town on. I'm looking for any old Harley that's not an 883. I'm planning on buying a new bike next year so this would be a nice fixer-upper and something to do with my 13 year old, who craves a Harley SO bad! He's a good boy - only wants a Harley and it has to be loud!

I've been searching Craigslist, etc and I'm hoping to spend about $2500 on an old Ironhead or something even new that I can restore or customize with my boy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I really wish I didn't have to sell my RK. I love it, but right now I just started my new job and need to make sure all the bills get paid!

Thanks,
Joe