Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

DNA 52 spoke mammoth wheels and pulley problems help me

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:44 PM
joshuapowers1
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone bought the mammoth recently

Originally Posted by oraider18
Read my last reply
about to buy these mammoth wheels for my street glide. All the posts are almost 4 years old. Any newer experiences. The sinister fat daddy's are super pricey

Old 12-22-2014, 10:43 PM
teflon
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for what its worth i wouldnt put DNA stuff on a pedal bike!!! wrecked a rear wheel and pulley on my deluxe, they told me sorry about my luck when i complained!!! im just lucky it didnt come apart 5 minutes earlier when i was doing 75! problem was due to the pulley and spacer set up. parts were installed correctly and checked regularly. i just ordered new wheels from ridewright, the extra $$$ worth it for piece of mind.

Old 01-01-2015, 04:23 AM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

I did my due diligence on DNA and Ride Wright wheels. All reviews on DNA were a few years old. I just read one negative review from a Ride Wright customer, but it was about the rubber RW installed, not the wheel. Normally Ride Wright reviews are very good. RW has the quality and reputation....not to mention the high price.

I obtained quotes from KC International, DNA Specialties, and Ride Wright on Fat Daddy/DNA Mammoth wheels.

I decided to purchase the 52 spoke Mammoth wheel, stainless steel matching rotor, and Metzeler tire directly from DNA Specialties. Purchase experience was good, received everything in two weeks from the time I ordered....it took 3-5 days to build...and shipment was to Hawaii. Always install a tube on spoke wheels. I had everything professionally installed by the dealership since I wanted to be sure it was aligned and spaced properly. So far the DNA wheel rides and looks great! All of this including installation for a fraction of the cost of a RW wheel.

Last edited by hscic; 01-01-2015 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:57 PM
lowperformance2
Advanced
Default Do not buy dna

Originally Posted by joshuapowers1
about to buy these mammoth wheels for my street glide. All the posts are almost 4 years old. Any newer experiences. The sinister fat daddy's are super pricey
Do NOT BUY FROM DNA STAY AWAY AND DON'T BUY FROM KC INTERNATIONAL THEY Won't STAND BEHIND THERE ****
4 YEARS LATER I AM STILL RUNNING THOSE GARBAGE RIMS AND they HAVE SURFACE RUST ON THEM. THEY WERE ADVERTISED AS TUBELESS WELL I HAD TO PUT A DAM. TUBES IN THEM JUST TO USE THE STUPID CRAP you'll won't be happy. Go back and ready my story on an earlier page.

Last edited by lowperformance2; 06-28-2015 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Old 09-27-2015, 09:30 AM
Robjr
Road Captain
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been riding on a DNA Fat Mammoth 21x3.5 for 3 years and zero issues. I purchased it from Eastern Performance Cycles in Pa and he is great to work with. I bought the wheel complete with tire and rotors. I believe over the 3 yr period I have put a total of maybe 5 lbs or of air in it, no more than the stock wheel on the back.

Attached Thumbnails DNA 52 spoke mammoth wheels and pulley problems help me-photo548.jpg  
Old 11-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Rommel05
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What size tubes?

Hey, just curious is the valve stem offset or centered on these wheels? I'm trying to find inner tubes for them. Are they 8mm stems?

Originally Posted by hscic

I did my due diligence on DNA and Ride Wright wheels. All reviews on DNA were a few years old. I just read one negative review from a Ride Wright customer, but it was about the rubber RW installed, not the wheel. Normally Ride Wright reviews are very good. RW has the quality and reputation....not to mention the high price.

I obtained quotes from KC International, DNA Specialties, and Ride Wright on Fat Daddy/DNA Mammoth wheels.

I decided to purchase the 52 spoke Mammoth wheel, stainless steel matching rotor, and Metzeler tire directly from DNA Specialties. Purchase experience was good, received everything in two weeks from the time I ordered....it took 3-5 days to build...and shipment was to Hawaii. Always install a tube on spoke wheels. I had everything professionally installed by the dealership since I wanted to be sure it was aligned and spaced properly. So far the DNA wheel rides and looks great! All of this including installation for a fraction of the cost of a RW wheel.

Old 11-10-2016, 07:52 AM
Ridewright Wheels
Former Sponsor
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the kind words about RideWright. We are 100% American made and we take pride in our products and service after the sale. We're not the cheapest, but then again, neither are the bikes we ride.

Old 11-11-2016, 10:31 PM
hscic
Elite HDF Member
Received 544 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Rommel05
Hey, just curious is the valve stem offset or centered on these wheels? I'm trying to find inner tubes for them. Are they 8mm stems?
Front is centered. Rear is side. I believe the stem is 8mm...measured the stem diameter. I will try to post some pics in a short.

Front

Rear

Last edited by hscic; 11-11-2016 at 11:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2020, 11:47 PM
Lil Man
Stage I

Originally Posted by oraider18
Just bought some dna mammoth 52 spoke wheels, rotors, and the mammoth spoke pulley. Took my 2006 harley softail deluxe to get installed, the front went on no problem but having spacer difficulties on the rear!! Called DNA and they were no help as they should have said that i needed spacers when i asked if all the parts were direct bolt on or needed other sh*t!!! They then said they had a 1 1/2 inch spacer that they could sell me but was not sure if it would solve my problems. Has anyone else had this spacer problem and if so how did you resolve the problem please help!!
Hello did you ever figure the issue my Deluxe rear wheel sits closer the right of the fender almost touching it
​​​​​​