Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

DNA 52 spoke mammoth wheels and pulley problems help me

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 01:25 PM
oraider18
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DNA 52 spoke mammoth wheels and pulley problems help me

Just bought some dna mammoth 52 spoke wheels, rotors, and the mammoth spoke pulley. Took my 2006 harley softail deluxe to get installed, the front went on no problem but having spacer difficulties on the rear!! Called DNA and they were no help as they should have said that i needed spacers when i asked if all the parts were direct bolt on or needed other sh*t!!! They then said they had a 1 1/2 inch spacer that they could sell me but was not sure if it would solve my problems. Has anyone else had this spacer problem and if so how did you resolve the problem please help!!

Old 09-26-2009, 04:02 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

This thread should have some pertinent info.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...ear-wheel.html

Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 PM
oraider18
5th Gear

thanks for the help

Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 AM
biker55
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by oraider18
Just bought some dna mammoth 52 spoke wheels, rotors, and the mammoth spoke pulley. Took my 2006 harley softail deluxe to get installed, the front went on no problem but having spacer difficulties on the rear!! Called DNA and they were no help as they should have said that i needed spacers when i asked if all the parts were direct bolt on or needed other sh*t!!! They then said they had a 1 1/2 inch spacer that they could sell me but was not sure if it would solve my problems. Has anyone else had this spacer problem and if so how did you resolve the problem please help!!
I also bought mamouth spoke wheels for my 2002 fatboy. They told me they are a tubeless application. They are losing air real fast out of both of them. They also told me that they would send me all the hardware for installing them. I tried to put on the back one last night and needs spacer of some kind for pulley. But the most dangerous problem is a spacer between the belt pulley isn't a very safe application for a powerful engine either. I am trying to send them back because I have read other blogs and there are many people have problems with these wheels. when you spend good money you expect to get a quality product. DNA as a company has no quality control. I called them a bunch of times and I cannot get any help from them. The lose of air in a tubeless application is dangerous period. If they claim they need no tube they shouldn't need a tube period. I bought the wheels rotors and pulley and they all suck. I am in the process to file a dispute with my credit card company now as I speak. Good luck but I wouldn't count on it!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:38 PM
deluxe2008/21
Stage IV
Default Mammoth spoke pulley problems

I purchased the Mammoth wheel and rotors and pulley from DNA and has been issues ever since I purchased the crappy product. The wheels are not too bad but cost me 600.00 bucks to have the rear wheel spaced properly. Its not just the pulley spacer that is an issue but the axle spacing as well. The Mammoth Pullet is a piece of crap do not buy it. I have had it on my bike for 4 weeks and nothing but trouble 4 of the spokes have snapped and every spoke is loose. I have had it off my bike 6 times now to lock tight em and crank them tight but they willnot stay tight. It is because they are putting 2 diefferent types of metal together. DNA is as useless as ***** on a snake when it comes to customer service. No warrenty they want me to send the pulley back for repairs and allow 4 weeks to do so that is half my riding season. Pay extra for proper fitting wheels is my advise and done ask them for anything at DNA!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2010, 07:12 PM
BREAKROOMMANAGER
Advanced

My story with dna is the exact same......nothing but problems and disappointments. I highly recommend staying as far away from them as possible. We're all losers when it comes to dna!!!!

Old 07-28-2010, 09:21 PM
txglider
1st Gear

U get what u pay 4 I had my dna mammoth 4 a year and the rim splint thank god I was running tube or would have wrecked. Now I'm getting the run around for 2 months from dna. Never buy dna again

Old 07-28-2010, 09:49 PM
BREAKROOMMANAGER
Advanced

Originally Posted by txglider
U get what u pay 4 I had my dna mammoth 4 a year and the rim splint thank god I was running tube or would have wrecked. Now I'm getting the run around for 2 months from dna. Never buy dna again
Glad you're ok....I almost went down myself due to a dna front wheel that comepletly lost air while riding(instantly) I went around and around with them for a long time and ended up with a replacement wheel that I had to put a tube in because it leaked too. What model do you have and which one split on you(front or rear)? How did it split and can you post some pictures? The more I read about them, the more it makes me want to put different wheels on my bike.

Old 07-29-2010, 09:47 PM
NastyGrn67
Stage IV

BREAKROOMMANAGER what tube did you end up going with? Was it in the front or rear? I have a 21x3.50 Mammoth in the front and am having the same problem so rather than send it back and deal with the wait I am installing a tube also. I am going to have to drill the hole in the wheel a little bigger for the valve stem on the tube. Also what did you do on the outer side of the valve stem to get it to mate up with the wheel? thanks Kris

Old 07-29-2010, 10:00 PM
BREAKROOMMANAGER
Advanced

Originally Posted by NastyGrn67
BREAKROOMMANAGER what tube did you end up going with? Was it in the front or rear? I have a 21x3.50 Mammoth in the front and am having the same problem so rather than send it back and deal with the wait I am installing a tube also. I am going to have to drill the hole in the wheel a little bigger for the valve stem on the tube. Also what did you do on the outer side of the valve stem to get it to mate up with the wheel? thanks Kris

I bought the tube at the local HD. It is the same tube that comes stock in all their 21 inch wheels with the center valve stem. You are correct about making the hole one size larger(I used a step bit). For the nut on the outside, I simply tightened it as much as I could and left it alone. It doesn't have to be air tight against the rim because the tube pushes the inner ring against the rim and keeps foreign objects out. I feel a lot better now and will eventually put a tube in the rear to be safe and have better piece of mind. The problem may just be finding a tube for an 18 inch wheel with a side valve stem..... Good luck nto you and ride safe

Quick Reply: DNA 52 spoke mammoth wheels and pulley problems help me