Wheels/Tires Questions and discussion about wheels and tires should be posted here.

wheel bearing spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question wheel bearing spacers

I tried searching around and never found a direct answer, but I was looking for some help on wheel bearing spacers.

The bike is a 2001 Sportser Custom that had a spoked wheel and I am replacing it with a 9 spoke aluminum wheel. I don't remember from the ebay listing what it came off of but do remember it should fit. I was hoping someone out there would recognize what I am trying to do and know what size bearing spacers I need.

From what I can see, and I have tried to display it in the pictures, I need two 3/4” spacers; one for each side. I have used the existing 1/2” spacer from the left side in the picture as a reference.

Also the tire seems to be slightly off center from the fender. The shop manual shows a hub cover between the wheel and rotor. I could take the cover off the other side to put between the rotor and wheel and that should bring it more in line, but not sure it will be truly centered. Then I could shop for the missing cover on ebay.

Can someone out there tell me if my thinking is right and what else I might need to look out for?

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails wheel bearing spacers-left-side-2.jpg   wheel bearing spacers-right-side.jpg   wheel bearing spacers-wheel.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Twisted Humor
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bump

Someone has know something????