Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2014-2023 Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models-177/)
-   -   S&S Exhaust Bracket Cracked (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2014-2023-touring-models/1007245-s-and-s-exhaust-bracket-cracked.html)

barrygreen 10-24-2014 07:16 AM

S&S Exhaust Bracket Cracked

I have been trying to find this annoying noise for a few days, sounds like a loose heat shield.
Well I found it, The bracket that bolts to the oil pan to support the crossover pipe is cracked right along the weld. Pipes have been on sense Feb this year. Guess we will see what kind of customer service I get...LOL.
Pipes are the S&S Power Tune Duals.

MikeyTX 10-24-2014 07:52 AM

Did not need to hear this. Mine just got here this week. Sadly, it may be after the holidays before it slows down to where I can take a Saturday off for the install. I've had real good luck with their tech people when I've called so I'm betting they will respond quickly. Especially with them being a forum vendor.

Smokey Stover 10-24-2014 07:59 AM

S&S Customer Support is excellent. They will get you set up in no time. Based on my one experience with them, I got personal help from Nathan and a whole new set of Power Tune Duals.

JD HD 10-24-2014 07:59 AM

S&S will take care of you. They have great customer service.

SafetyMan 10-24-2014 08:17 AM

Common break. my Rush did the same thing, and they were right on top of it.

I'm sure S&S will be also.

just a PITA to pull the muffler to get at it. The MOCO's hinged bracket has the right idea.

starbiker99 10-24-2014 08:54 AM

While you are at it check to make sure all of your bolts are still in place that hold the bracket up to the transmission pan! All 4 of mine were sheared off. Needless to say that's why my scooter spent 2 weeks at a dealership. S&S did make everything right for me. PM me barrygreen if you have any questions.

Sam2010 10-24-2014 10:42 AM

I have read about this several times I put a set on my 2010 Street glide then I put the same set on my 2014 I have had no issues. Everytime I read of this I go out and check.

barrygreen 10-24-2014 01:34 PM

Just got off the phone with Nathan at S&S, part is on the way!
Thanks Nathan!!!

starbiker99 10-24-2014 07:16 PM

Good Deal! Nathan is a great dude to work with! There was no way I was going to stay with that bracket design! I switched to the Sidewinder 2>1.

Originally Posted by barrygreen (Post 13352166)
Just got off the phone with Nathan at S&S, part is on the way!
Thanks Nathan!!!

barrygreen 10-25-2014 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by starbiker99 (Post 13351276)
While you are at it check to make sure all of your bolts are still in place that hold the bracket up to the transmission pan! All 4 of mine were sheared off. Needless to say that's why my scooter spent 2 weeks at a dealership. S&S did make everything right for me. PM me barrygreen if you have any questions.

Well I started taking it apart, 3 bolts sheared off, buy measuring the depth they are sheared off flush. Tranny is going to have to come out to drill out. Going in the shop Monday.

Not very happy at all, Have a big ride this weekend with the SOA in San Antonio...the Boot Ride. Dealer is assuring me its not that big of a deal, just costly. We will see...........