Sponsored by:

Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018, 08:57 AM
indyharleyguy
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5

Hi All I have a 2015 Limited that has the 6.5 Boom Box on it. I'm having intermittent problems getting my Samsung Note 8 to connect to it via the USB cable and when it does connect I can't get it to find my playlist. It does have the newest firmware on it. I know the USB cable itself is not the problem also. Anyone else having these problems?

Old 03-18-2018, 09:34 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Does it connect via Bluetooth and show the Playlist?

Old 03-18-2018, 09:39 AM
tkuligowski
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Honestly, I've never had success getting my s8 to work either. I know the boombox doesn't like streaming music as much as downloaded music if you're trying to go the streaming route. What the boombox really seems to like is USB sticks.

Based off some reading over the past year or so it seems the iPhone people have less issues than android. Let me know if you do end up getting it to work.

The following 2 users liked this post by tkuligowski:
indyharleyguy (03-24-2018), slowrollin (03-18-2018)
Old 03-18-2018, 09:44 AM
slowrollin
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

I've used an iPod with mine since I got the bike back in 2015 and never had an issue. I also never have an issue with the iPhone streaming via Bluetooth. For some reason, I couldn't get the memory stick to work.

Old 03-18-2018, 10:12 AM
Black_Gold
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,441 Likes on 658 Posts

When I use my phone to stream, I use the bluetooth, with my phone in the bag. I no longer trust the media compartment, as my phone has fell out of it twice.

Old 03-18-2018, 12:29 PM
Erilflynn
Road Master

Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by slowrollin
I've used an iPod with mine since I got the bike back in 2015 and never had an issue. I also never have an issue with the iPhone streaming via Bluetooth. For some reason, I couldn't get the memory stick to work.
Same here. iPod Nano 5th Gen works great as does streaming with my S8. I do have an older version of the software though as I haven't had a need to upgrade it.

Old 03-18-2018, 03:51 PM
Rick58
Road Warrior
Received 325 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by tkuligowski
I know the boombox doesn't like streaming music as much as downloaded music if you're trying to go the streaming route. What the boombox really seems to like is USB sticks.
Really? Mine doesn't seem to have a preference. Where do you come up with this?

Old 03-18-2018, 06:48 PM
justgeorge
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick58
Really? Mine doesn't seem to have a preference. Where do you come up with this?
I don't know about others, but when I played music from my phone (Galaxy S7) through the USB cable it would only find the first thousand songs that I had stored. It also would not search on the artist, album, song name or anything like that. Then I bought a thumb drive memory stick and put on my music on that, and all those problems went away. I don't even have the problems that others do of it stuck in the "reading" loop.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:14 PM
Dsm Limited
Received 8,235 Likes on 2,950 Posts

I have a Note 8 and bluetooth it to the bike all the time. I use to plug my old phone into the usb port, but it use to fit in the cubby. Now with the Note, is not even close to fitting. Therefore i just bluetooth it and charge the phone in the tour pack. It streams Spotify just fine and the thumb controls will advance, replay or pause like it should. It will also play my downloaded songs just fine. I tend to use a usb stick for downloaded music more though, it sounds better musically than bluetooth.

Old 03-18-2018, 07:21 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by tkuligowski
Honestly, I've never had success getting my s8 to work either. I know the boombox doesn't like streaming music as much as downloaded music if you're trying to go the streaming route. What the boombox really seems to like is USB sticks.

Based off some reading over the past year or so it seems the iPhone people have less issues than android. Let me know if you do end up getting it to work.
funny from all my reading I get the opposite impression..

Quick Reply: Can't connect phone via USB cable to Boom Box 6.5