Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2018+ Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models-206/)
-   -   2018 Fatboy 114 Exhaust options (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models/1212281-2018-fatboy-114-exhaust-options.html)

craftyhorse 12-26-2017 11:56 AM

2018 Fatboy 114 Exhaust options

Evening all,

I have ordered a Fatboy 114 and take delivery on 1st March 2018. I will be looking to do a number of mods to the bike including Stage 1. I am currently looking at Vance & Hines Big Radius exhaust system and was wondering if anyone has fitted this yet to their Fatboy. Would really like to hear what it sounds like and also wether you can still have passenger foot pegs fitted. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

John

Nelsondude 12-27-2017 01:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my fatboy with v&h big shot staggered with quiet baffle..love the look over the radius, mainly because everyone seems to have the radius pipes and the curve doesn't fit with the fatty lines

budlight2256 12-27-2017 11:44 AM

If you can hold out, I should get mine done by the end of Jan. Basically the only hold up is waiting for the pipes. Too add, just talked to V&H, there should be a bracket available to make the passenger pegs work by the end of jan. It should be able to be installed after the pipes, if you get them done first. As of right now, you would have to ditch the 2nd rider. :p

DK Custom - ST 12-27-2017 11:59 AM

Check out this report before you decide which Stage I Upgrade to go with as all Stage I's are Not the same:

Stage I Report Link

Cristy

craftyhorse 12-28-2017 09:56 AM

Thanks for your post, The big shot staggered look great on the bike. Think i read your original post and from memory, did you have to modify the exhaust to fit on the fatboy? if so what needed modifying?

craftyhorse 12-28-2017 09:59 AM

Thanks Budlight2256 for your post, not sure the Misses would be happy if i have to ditch her :icon_razz: i would love to see and hear your exhaust once you have fitted them to your bike, i can wait for january as my bike is not due until March 2018

artsbest 12-28-2017 11:59 AM

I'd wait for a complete exhaust system replete with headers and.....

John Kyle 12-28-2017 01:58 PM

I really like the big radius on the fatboy. Waiting on them for my 18 low rider as well. (About a month behind the fatboy ones) think they are awesome looking and sound great. Around here i don't see those on too many bikes. The big shots look good too but I don't want to have to modify anything to bolt up. I don't know why they came up with the short shots first and not the medium length staggered ones (like the ones the guy above modified to fit). You can just do slip ons and gain a ton as well since the cat is in the slip on and not the head pipe.

budlight2256 12-29-2017 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by craftyhorse (Post 16946365)
Thanks Budlight2256 for your post, not sure the Misses would be happy if i have to ditch her :icon_razz: i would love to see and hear your exhaust once you have fitted them to your bike, i can wait for january as my bike is not due until March 2018

Will do, I just put 1k on my account at the dealership so they would put in the order ( to try to get in front of the pre-order line). I got my lady a new camera (DSLR) for Christmas, so new photos and videos should be better quality when the pipes are done. She wants to ride, but I need to get a bar and back rest. I said the pipes are first lol.

Robert09 03-18-2018 03:55 PM

Vance & Hines big shots staggered

Originally Posted by Nelsondude (Post 16943012)
here is my fatboy with v&h big shot staggered with quiet baffle..love the look over the radius, mainly because everyone seems to have the radius pipes and the curve doesn't fit with the fatty lines

Hi have picked up my 2018 Fat boy located in the UK and have been in contact with Vance & Hines since Jan 2018 they have informed me that the big shot staggered are not available and will be coming out in June this year, guessing from the post and photo this can’t be the case are they direct from Vance @ Hines if so I will query this with them.

look forward to your reply

thanks