Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   2018+ Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models-206/)
-   -   2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/2018-softail-models/1217010-2018-heritage-with-viking-tour-pack.html)

kenny55 03-20-2018 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by LXT (Post 17199293)
Almost forgot - got the Mustang seat with rider backrest, so now the bike has the whole look going on like it should, Ill try to get a total shot of the bike when the weather breaks & that way all sides can be seen. sucks one day you ride then put it up for snow - repeat process, the northern way!

How did you order the Mustang seat? I have not seen one yet for the 2018's. Do you like it and is it comfortable. I need a seat that sits me back a little but needs to be comfortable for the longer rides. I'm not so much about the looks of it as long as i can go some distance without my tailbone aching.

LXT 03-21-2018 04:10 PM

its not an 18 Kenny55, that's a 15 - however I did hear from the Mustang rep at my dealer that mustang should have seats for the 18`s by august????

vabikersteve 12-12-2018 12:44 PM

Dave, I have the Viking bag still in the box and noticed that the mounting bolts they include are too stout to fit in the cutouts on the Harley mounting rack. I'm wondering if you bought new bolts and if so, what the size was - or did you use the "rails" from Viking to mount the tour-pak?

Thanks,
Steve

Dave in NC 12-12-2018 03:08 PM

Steve
I honestly don't remember if I used the bolts that came with it or if I bought different ones. I just went out and looked and see that I have four bolts with Fender washers both in side the case and under the rack. I don't recall drilling any holes in the rack so I'm guessing I just used the bolts that came with it but, that is just a guess. Sorry I can't be more help. Good luck.David

a99miata 12-12-2018 03:46 PM

looks fine...

vabikersteve 12-13-2018 06:48 AM

Thanks, David; turns out I also need to buy the rear docking point attachments so I'll ask my dealer about the bolt situation.

Merry Christmas, Steve

Aogmitch 12-14-2018 01:32 PM

That looks good. I picked up a used, studded Harley one this year for my bike. Thought I would only use it when I needed more storage. Has not been off the bike since I installed it. So much more convenient to throw things in the trunk than it is the the bags.

Atitagain 12-14-2018 01:42 PM

Looks fine to me, that's the one I will buy when I'm ready.

Ben221 12-14-2018 01:54 PM

I think it looks a little large with out a driver or passenger but may look different going down the road. I think a razor size would look sharp for day to day.

Thar being said you can’t see it when you are riding and it’s very handy. It’s your bike and you will likely get normalized to it soon either way.

I just bought a leather version for my Road King and hope it looks good.

LXT 12-14-2018 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by vabikersteve (Post 17886873)
Dave, I have the Viking bag still in the box and noticed that the mounting bolts they include are too stout to fit in the cutouts on the Harley mounting rack. I'm wondering if you bought new bolts and if so, what the size was - or did you use the "rails" from Viking to mount the tour-pak?

Thanks,
Steve

The HD luggage rack quick detach is what I put on my 15 - not sure what the 18`s version looks like, I went to lowes & got the hardware with nylock nuts.... oh BTW - any body who orders the Viking bag make sure you get a key blank for a spare key off them - you only get one key & no locksmith I found in my area had a key they could cut to work, I ordered 2 blanks had em cut at the lock smith - one for momma & a spare just in case, nothing worse than when your wife keeps asking for the key to the trunk... other than that the Viking tour pack is awesome!!!!

Originally Posted by Ben221 (Post 17891375)
I think it looks a little large with out a driver or passenger but may look different going down the road. I think a razor size would look sharp for day to day.

Thar being said you can’t see it when you are riding and it’s very handy. It’s your bike and you will likely get normalized to it soon either way.

I just bought a leather version for my Road King and hope it looks good.

Its not as big as pictures make it out to be, the extra space when traveling is great & like many I thought I would use the quick detach and remove it & only use it when traveling.... ive never had it off, looks good and Ive gotten many compliments on it - the storage space is pretty good. if your 1 up mostly then id say the razor is fine, but with the queen on and traveling......well you guys know how that goes