Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack

Old 12-27-2018, 12:49 PM
ChinoSlim
Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it goes well with the overall look of your bike.

The following users liked this post:
sped (12-27-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 06:37 AM
vabikersteve
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do like the rear guards and am lucky enough to have a skilled pal who rides a Harley and owns a torque wrench. Working with Ray, we got the guards on in about an hour, as I recall. I also like the black plastic guards which protect the actual guard if the bike tips. You can barely see them on our blacked-out bikes.

They're available here:
http://customlevercovers.com/pro-guards/

sped (12-28-2018)
Old 01-02-2019, 07:10 PM
tx freebird
One Of The Regulars
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Smile My Viking has landed

My Viking Tour Pak arrived today and I am very pleased with the quality. So tomorrow, I'll get smaller bolts to fit the H-D solo tour pad rack, followup with Viking on the extra key, and get everything installed. Thanks for the good advice on this thread

[QUOTE=vabikersteve;17916791 I guess my one "complaint" about the bag is that it's always in the locked position (from what I can tell, at least).
Steve[/QUOTE]

I agree. I am got to check around and see if it is possible to replace the lock and mechanism without totally screwing up the lid. I remember push button lock on an old H-D leather tour pak from a Road King Classic that could be closed in either the locked or unlocked position.

Old 01-03-2019, 04:04 AM
Phil13
One Of The Regulars
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by sped View Post
How do you like the rear bag guards? Did you do the install yourself? I think those are on my short list for add-ons.
I've just fitted them on my '19 Heritage. I read some posts where people seem to have had trouble undoing the rear footrest mount screws, so I was prepared for a battle with them, but they were no trouble to release. You will need a 4 inch T45 torx bit (an 18" breaker bar is also handy). Any shorter than 4" will not be able to reach the screw head which is buried down in the footrest support. While I loathe torx fixings, these screws are at least socket headed, so there is plenty of 'meat' for the bit to engage with.

Oh, and the fixings kit supplied with the guards was missing two of the screws, so it's probably worth checking them before you leave the dealership.

The following 2 users liked this post by Phil13:
sped (01-03-2019), vabikersteve (04-25-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 06:09 AM
vabikersteve
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also remember that push-button lock on the leather H-D Tour-Pak for my 2013 Deluxe. I was a little surprised to see that Viking is using the lock-only mechanism.
I agree with you about this thread – some great advice!
Ride safely in 2019,

Steve

Old 01-03-2019, 07:05 AM
sped
Senior Rider
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
I've just fitted them on my '19 Heritage. I read some posts where people seem to have had trouble undoing the rear footrest mount screws, so I was prepared for a battle with them, but they were no trouble to release. You will need a 4 inch T45 torx bit (an 18" breaker bar is also handy). Any shorter than 4" will not be able to reach the screw head which is buried down in the footrest support. While I loathe torx fixings, these screws are at least socket headed, so there is plenty of 'meat' for the bit to engage with.

Oh, and the fixings kit supplied with the guards was missing two of the screws, so it's probably worth checking them before you leave the dealership.
A 4" T45? Where would I get something like that?

Old 01-03-2019, 07:39 AM
Phil13
One Of The Regulars
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Help Jeff Bezos rule the world!

Amazon Amazon

sped (01-03-2019)
Old 01-03-2019, 08:28 AM
sped
Senior Rider
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil13 View Post
Thanks for nothing. That's a metric T-45 clearly showing 100mm. I'm working on my Harley. Luckily they had one at their US site! LOL!!!

Love Amazon. Thanks for the link Phil. Ride safe buddy!!

Old 01-03-2019, 10:01 AM
trainedmnky
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vabikersteve View Post
I do like the rear guards and am lucky enough to have a skilled pal who rides a Harley and owns a torque wrench. Working with Ray, we got the guards on in about an hour, as I recall. I also like the black plastic guards which protect the actual guard if the bike tips. You can barely see them on our blacked-out bikes.

They're available here:
http://customlevercovers.com/pro-guards/
I like the idea of these, the link is for a generic part it seems. How's the fitment? Was there any adjustment needed to get them to fit properly?

Old 01-03-2019, 11:06 AM
FrankEV
Road Master
Received 253 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by sped View Post
How do you like the rear bag guards?....I think those are on my short list for add-ons.
Been following this thread regarding the rear bag guards. Have wanted to put them on my Cherry for a while now.

When looking ON-line to see if there was a less exspensive product but could not find an aftermarket product so I was stuck with going H-D.

However I found them on this H-D site for a fairly good discount and free shipping as it was still over $150. https://shopbigskyharley.com/collect...uards-90201315

Decided to order them from them as you very rarely see dealers discounting anything. Kinda wants to make me move to Montana, like that will never happen!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: