2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack - Page 8 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > 2018+ Softail Models
Reload this Page >

2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack

Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

2018 Heritage with Viking Tour Pack

Old 01-12-2019, 06:07 PM
sped
Senior Rider

As promised by Viking, my key blank came in today. Now to go get a new one cut next week.

Old 01-15-2019, 07:22 PM
LXT
Road Captain

Originally Posted by sped View Post
For anyone running the Viking trunk...have you come up with a liner that fits inside pretty well?
What I did with mine was ordered needlers foam - think that's what its called? I shaped it to fit in the trunk & cut out sections from the foam to fit my tool kit, glasses, gloves, etc - whats nice is everything lays "in" the foam so to speak and anything you need to lay in the trunk sits on top of the foam, I hated going on a run & all the stuff in the trunk was all over the place, my wife has all kinds of little things in there from ear muffs to hairclips - so it keeps everything from sliding around and organizes it somewhat.

I was going to put a black puck light in the trunk on the lid - not sure how that would stay though, at night would be nice to have light when you need something.

Originally Posted by sped View Post
As promised by Viking, my key blank came in today. Now to go get a new one cut next week.
I remember reading a long time ago about some one saying to ask for a key blank & I thought why? a locksmith will fix me up - Not so huh? that was why I said to make sure when getting this trunk to get the spare key blank, they were on back order when I got my trunk. that key Viking uses is different - I asked my locksmith about changing out the lock assembly & that is a nightmare too, the way the lock works with the linkage to lock it is strange as I was told and would cost a lot to change out - Keys are cheaper - that's why I have a total of 3 for my trunk....LOL

Nice bike sped - hope some of my ideas or babbling helped a bit? ride safe.

The Following User Says Thank You to LXT For This Useful Post:
sped (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 08:08 PM
sped
Senior Rider

Thanks LXT. When I said liner I was referring to a bag I could pack and put inside the trunk. You've got some good ideas though!

Old 01-19-2019, 08:09 AM
bikerep2147

Originally Posted by kneesinthebreeze24 View Post
Functional, but I don't like the look personally. I like the Heritage best with NO BAGS, No WINDSHIELD for day to day riding.
I like the idea of having a tour pack for my Heritage, but I'd have to stick with the matching factory pack. Right now I have the luggage rack and it works with a day bag for most trips.

I also love the look of the bike stripped down: