The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018, 07:14 AM
pittz5
Road Warrior
Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by wrightnow
Added new 16" carline gangster ape, very happy with the results

looks great!! Bet it’s comfy. How are you likeing the white walls? PITA to keep clean?

The following users liked this post:
Black-&-Blue Annie (12-08-2019)
Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 AM
sped
Road Captain
Received 85 Likes on 50 Posts

Question for the masses.

Just picked up my '19 Heritage Classic 114. What an awesome ride.

Considering the purchase of the tour pak. Are the holes already drilled out to mount it to the rack or do I have to drill them myself?

I know others have had issues with the exposed rivets? Any solutions for this?

From the pic on the HD website it appears to have a lock? True or False?

Loving this bike so far. I've been riding for a while now and this is by far the best looking and riding machine I've ever had. Ebay backrest due in this coming week. Hopefully factory sissybar/pad/rack due in this week as well.

All input welcomed. Thanks in advance and ride safe.

The following users liked this post:
krvnrch (09-02-2022)
Old 10-14-2018, 11:14 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by sped
Question for the masses.

Considering the purchase of the tour pak. Are the holes already drilled out to mount it to the rack or do I have to drill them myself?

Loving this bike so far. I've been riding for a while now and this is by far the best looking and riding machine I've ever had. Ebay backrest due in this coming week. Hopefully factory sissybar/pad/rack due in this week as well.

Welcome to the 18/19 Heritage club...good looking scoot. Congrats.

By all accounts herein the H-D Tour pack for the Heritage has some major quality issues. Might want to seriously think about the tour pack before spending the $$$$.

Even the stock Saddlebags have issues. Known to open while riding, hasp get in the way of packing, etc.

Not for every one I know, but I went the old school look with Leather Pro SB and TB. The LP Tour Bag is not quite as big as the H-D TP but I like the scale a lot. Looks like it belongs on the bike. Works for me and I'm Happy.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:09 PM
user 270303
Banned
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Thought long and hard and decided to trade the Heritage for a Road Glide. Just listed all my accessories under the Softail classifieds if anyone is in need....

Old 10-14-2018, 12:24 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts
Default Driving lights

Just posted a new thread in the Electrical/Lighting/Alarm section: Suggestion for Engine Guard mounted LED driving lights

If anyone is running extra driving lights please check out my post and offer suggestions, please.

Old 10-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Sixgunjr
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sbob17
Thought long and hard and decided to trade the Heritage for a Road Glide. Just listed all my accessories under the Softail classifieds if anyone is in need....
Both great bikes, a man needs both. Lol this is my dilemma. Im keeping my RG but really want a new Heritage.

Old 10-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Buster217
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 160 Posts
Default tour pak

Originally Posted by sped
Question for the masses.

I agree with Frank. I got the tour pak and took it back. Quality is not consistent with the cost. The pak + mounting rack is about $850. Not worth it in my opinion. Besides the rivets inside, the faux leather covering is glued on and it was already coming loose on the inside of mine, exposing the glue, which stuck to whatever I put in there. I would suggest you take a look for yourself at the actual product, not just the pic.

I ended up getting the "Premium Touring Luggage System" bags. They don't look exactly fabulous, but I only use them when I'm on a long trip anyway and they're pretty roomy.

When you ordered the "sissybar/pad/rack" did you get the tour pak mounting rack or a luggage rack? The tour pak requires a specific mounting rack, not a luggage rack. And, no you don't have to drill any holes in it.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:02 PM
sped
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Buster217
When you ordered the "sissybar/pad/rack" did you get the tour pak mounting rack or a luggage rack? The tour pak requires a specific mounting rack, not a luggage rack. And, no you don't have to drill any holes in it.

I've looked at those. Nice. Issue is that I was looking for some place to lock up my helmet. Maybe I should start exploring helmet locks of some type. Any suggestions?

Old 10-14-2018, 05:21 PM
sped
Road Captain

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Not for every one I know, but I went the old school look with Leather Pro SB and TB. The LP Tour Bag is not quite as big as the H-D TP but I like the scale a lot. Looks like it belongs on the bike. Works for me and I'm Happy.

I kind of like those....and they lock. Can I get more info on how you mounted it? Did you just use a standard TP rack from HD? Cheaper than the Harley offering and they look nice. I'd love to hear more from you.

Glad I posted here. My dealer actually has one in stock and I was about to pull the trigger....

Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 PM
escalade6103
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

some people will nit pick every little thing but ive seen the set up in this video and they look good. match the stock bags.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread