Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

 
  #1031  
Old 10-14-2018, 07:14 AM
pittz5
pittz5 is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,221
Likes: 0
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by wrightnow View Post
Added new 16" carline gangster ape, very happy with the results




looks great!! Bet itís comfy. How are you likeing the white walls? PITA to keep clean?
 
  #1032  
Old 10-14-2018, 10:53 AM
sped's Avatar
sped
sped is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Question for the masses.

Just picked up my '19 Heritage Classic 114. What an awesome ride.

Considering the purchase of the tour pak. Are the holes already drilled out to mount it to the rack or do I have to drill them myself?

I know others have had issues with the exposed rivets? Any solutions for this?

From the pic on the HD website it appears to have a lock? True or False?

Loving this bike so far. I've been riding for a while now and this is by far the best looking and riding machine I've ever had. Ebay backrest due in this coming week. Hopefully factory sissybar/pad/rack due in this week as well.

All input welcomed. Thanks in advance and ride safe.


 
  #1033  
Old 10-14-2018, 11:14 AM
FrankEV's Avatar
FrankEV
FrankEV is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,094
Received 308 Likes on 230 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sped View Post
Question for the masses.

Just picked up my '19 Heritage Classic 114. What an awesome ride.

Considering the purchase of the tour pak. Are the holes already drilled out to mount it to the rack or do I have to drill them myself?

I know others have had issues with the exposed rivets? Any solutions for this?

From the pic on the HD website it appears to have a lock? True or False?

Loving this bike so far. I've been riding for a while now and this is by far the best looking and riding machine I've ever had. Ebay backrest due in this coming week. Hopefully factory sissybar/pad/rack due in this week as well.

All input welcomed. Thanks in advance and ride safe.


Welcome to the 18/19 Heritage club...good looking scoot. Congrats.

By all accounts herein the H-D Tour pack for the Heritage has some major quality issues. Might want to seriously think about the tour pack before spending the $$$$.

Even the stock Saddlebags have issues. Known to open while riding, hasp get in the way of packing, etc.

Not for every one I know, but I went the old school look with Leather Pro SB and TB. The LP Tour Bag is not quite as big as the H-D TP but I like the scale a lot. Looks like it belongs on the bike. Works for me and I'm Happy.
 
  #1034  
Old 10-14-2018, 12:09 PM
sbob17
sbob17 is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Conyers GA
Posts: 109
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Thought long and hard and decided to trade the Heritage for a Road Glide. Just listed all my accessories under the Softail classifieds if anyone is in need....
 
  #1035  
Old 10-14-2018, 12:24 PM
FrankEV's Avatar
FrankEV
FrankEV is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,094
Received 308 Likes on 230 Posts
Default Driving lights

Just posted a new thread in the Electrical/Lighting/Alarm section: Suggestion for Engine Guard mounted LED driving lights

If anyone is running extra driving lights please check out my post and offer suggestions, please.
 
  #1036  
Old 10-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Sixgunjr's Avatar
Sixgunjr
Sixgunjr is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Littleton
Posts: 235
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by sbob17 View Post
Thought long and hard and decided to trade the Heritage for a Road Glide. Just listed all my accessories under the Softail classifieds if anyone is in need....
Both great bikes, a man needs both. Lol this is my dilemma. Im keeping my RG but really want a new Heritage.
 
  #1037  
Old 10-14-2018, 01:28 PM
Buster217's Avatar
Buster217
Buster217 is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 435
Received 166 Likes on 89 Posts
Default tour pak

Originally Posted by sped View Post
Question for the masses.

Just picked up my '19 Heritage Classic 114. What an awesome ride.

Considering the purchase of the tour pak. Are the holes already drilled out to mount it to the rack or do I have to drill them myself?

I know others have had issues with the exposed rivets? Any solutions for this?

From the pic on the HD website it appears to have a lock? True or False?

Loving this bike so far. I've been riding for a while now and this is by far the best looking and riding machine I've ever had. Ebay backrest due in this coming week. Hopefully factory sissybar/pad/rack due in this week as well.

All input welcomed. Thanks in advance and ride safe.

I agree with Frank. I got the tour pak and took it back. Quality is not consistent with the cost. The pak + mounting rack is about $850. Not worth it in my opinion. Besides the rivets inside, the faux leather covering is glued on and it was already coming loose on the inside of mine, exposing the glue, which stuck to whatever I put in there. I would suggest you take a look for yourself at the actual product, not just the pic.

I ended up getting the "Premium Touring Luggage System" bags. They don't look exactly fabulous, but I only use them when I'm on a long trip anyway and they're pretty roomy.

When you ordered the "sissybar/pad/rack" did you get the tour pak mounting rack or a luggage rack? The tour pak requires a specific mounting rack, not a luggage rack. And, no you don't have to drill any holes in it.
 
  #1038  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:02 PM
sped's Avatar
sped
sped is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Buster217 View Post
When you ordered the "sissybar/pad/rack" did you get the tour pak mounting rack or a luggage rack? The tour pak requires a specific mounting rack, not a luggage rack. And, no you don't have to drill any holes in it.

I've looked at those. Nice. Issue is that I was looking for some place to lock up my helmet. Maybe I should start exploring helmet locks of some type. Any suggestions?
 
  #1039  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:21 PM
sped's Avatar
sped
sped is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 471
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by FrankEV View Post
Not for every one I know, but I went the old school look with Leather Pro SB and TB. The LP Tour Bag is not quite as big as the H-D TP but I like the scale a lot. Looks like it belongs on the bike. Works for me and I'm Happy.

I kind of like those....and they lock. Can I get more info on how you mounted it? Did you just use a standard TP rack from HD? Cheaper than the Harley offering and they look nice. I'd love to hear more from you.

Glad I posted here. My dealer actually has one in stock and I was about to pull the trigger....
 
  #1040  
Old 10-14-2018, 05:48 PM
escalade6103
escalade6103 is offline
Road Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 654
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

some people will nit pick every little thing but ive seen the set up in this video and they look good. match the stock bags.

 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: