2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 06:41 AM
ex ninjadude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FrankEV
I'm only 5'-6 and love my Cherry. Because I'm short I had to do a lot to make it a comfortable ride. I would say if the rider is 5'-10 to 6'-0 the bike would be just about a perfect fit.

The salesman that sold me my bike is around 6'-6 +/- and when he moved my bike around in the Showroom he looked like he was all cramped up. I could tell he was uncomfortable.

I know if I was a little taller my choice would have been the RK or even the SG. With the 114 now available in those bikes, and unless you are a 6'-6 tall 110 lb. weakling , I feel they would be worth the extra bucks for a better fit.

You will probably spend quite a bit to make a Heritage fit.
My upper body strength is fine. I've had some health issue that caused me to loose leg strength. That's why I'm considering a lighter frame model.

Old 12-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Toolmaster
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

2018 FLHCS ANV #624, Freedom Shields 17" windshield, Hill Country Custom Cycles 16" Narrow Apes kit. Grasshopper drivers backrest, Avon foam grips, Kuryakin extended heal shifter, Kuryakin highway pegs angled for ideal riding comfort, and more...

The following 2 users liked this post by Toolmaster:
Cajun4x4 (12-16-2018), tmac00333 (11-14-2019)
Old 12-15-2018, 07:01 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ex ninjadude
My upper body strength is fine. I've had some health issue that caused me to loose leg strength. That's why I'm considering a lighter frame model.
Yep, I know exactly what you mean, you do have to be able to hold the bike up when you come to a stop. Due to a back injury that occured shortly after buying my bike last year, which resulted in the need for surgery. it left my right leg very weak. I now go to the Y three times a week and do exersizes to strengthen my legs. Has helped a lot.

I would suggest you take a test ride on the Heritage before you buy it. If you are too cramped it will be a very uncomfortable ride.

Good luck on your choice

Old 12-15-2018, 08:20 AM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

I'm debating between a 2019 Heritage Classic & 2019 Road King Special. I have a 36'' inseam, I'm sure I'll have to change a few things. I'm leaning more toward the Heritage Classic, less weight & a couple thousand less $. I need to hear from my daddy long leg riders! What did you change, if any & how do you like your Heritage Classic? I've been away from the site for awhile if it's been discussed. Thanks,
I am 6' 3" with a 34 inch inseam. I installed the engine guard with adjustable highway pegs to allow multiple foot positon options and to stretch my legs when needed. I replaced the seat with a solo Mustang saddle that moves me back. The back rest is adjustable so I can have lower back support and ride closer or farther back when I wish. I thought I might have to replace my handlebars, but I have been able to adjust the stock bars to work fine for me

I down sized from a RG Ultra and I am quite comfortable on the Heritage. However, if two up configuration, it would not have worked for me at all.

Last edited by tx freebird; 12-15-2018 at 08:23 AM. Reason: correct typos
Old 12-15-2018, 10:41 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

I swapped from a ‘16 RK and the Heritage is night and day better for weight and handling. I’m not tall, but no reason you can’t make it fit you. With the right seat and/or possibly forward control relocation you should be all set imo.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:21 AM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by rico1969
Traded in my 2014 Ultra Limited today for the Rawhide/ Blk combo. March 1 delivery date. I am looking forward to reading all the knowledgeable posts you guys make. I have learned so much already.
Congrats on the new purchase. Dude, it's going to be a very long winter waiting for that to arrive. I wish you good luck.

Old 12-15-2018, 11:50 AM
ex ninjadude
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Thingfish

I swapped from a ‘16 RK and the Heritage is night and day better for weight and handling. I’m not tall, but no reason you can’t make it fit you. With the right seat and/or possibly forward control relocation you should be all set imo.
If I can get a few inches here & there. I might be able to make it work. I haven't found anything to move the floorboards forward. I found a mod that would move the floorboards out a little bit.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:02 PM
ex ninjadude
Cruiser

Originally Posted by tx freebird
I am 6' 3" with a 34 inch inseam. I installed the engine guard with adjustable highway pegs to allow multiple foot positon options and to stretch my legs when needed. I replaced the seat with a solo Mustang saddle that moves me back. The back rest is adjustable so I can have lower back support and ride closer or farther back when I wish. I thought I might have to replace my handlebars, but I have been able to adjust the stock bars to work fine for me

I down sized from a RG Ultra and I am quite comfortable on the Heritage. However, if two up configuration, it would not have worked for me at all.
You're right there with me in height. I was looking at the Mustang solo seat & the Tallboy seat. How much further back did the Mustang seat put you?

Old 12-15-2018, 12:20 PM
ex ninjadude
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Toolmaster
2018 FLHCS ANV #624, Freedom Shields 17" windshield, Hill Country Custom Cycles 16" Narrow Apes kit. Grasshopper drivers backrest, Avon foam grips, Kuryakin extended heal shifter, Kuryakin highway pegs angled for ideal riding comfort, and more...
That's a nice set-up! I never felt comfortable using the heal shifter. A extended toe shifter would be fine.

Old 12-15-2018, 03:40 PM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

You're right there with me in height. I was looking at the Mustang solo seat & the Tallboy seat. How much further back did the Mustang seat put you?
My estimate is about an inch. I tried the tall boy seat, but liked the Mustang much better and a rider's backrest is very important to me. My highway pegs are mounted so that I can rest my heels on the floorboards with my toes on the pegs OR I can go forward more by moving my feet to pegs only. They function as floorboard extenders that way.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread