2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 02:38 PM
LTBiker
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Accessories Available

Thought I'd post a note here since all the items I have for sale were on or for a 2018 Heritage. Have a black Sissy Bar/Pad/Luggage Rack setup, Heel shifter kit (chrome), Owner's Manual still sealed, black Kuryakn Curved Laydown License Plate holder/frame, and a black Motherwell Solo Rack. Here is link for more info:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...-s-manual.html
Good savings on some nice items.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:12 AM
T^2
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,154 Likes on 722 Posts

Originally Posted by kenny55
Yes good point. The fangs do just 'touch' the engine guard when you do full lock. It doesn't put any pressure on the fangs so i can still lock the handlebars without bending the fangs but you need to be careful and aware of it. Engine temperatures may be slightly higher but I had no issues whatsoever last year riding all summer, long periods, during hot weather. I believe soft lowers would affect engine temperatures more than the fangs.
I'm thinking about getting the HD fangs for mine. I wonder if it's possible to move the fangs installation up ever so slightly and if that move would provide what's needed to clear the engine guard. Any thoughts?

Old 04-01-2019, 12:07 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by T^2
I'm thinking about getting the HD fangs for mine. I wonder if it's possible to move the fangs installation up ever so slightly and if that move would provide what's needed to clear the engine guard. Any thoughts?
no doubt you could do that. Just offset the new hole by maybe 1/8 inch and elongate the other hole. I was thinking about doing this but I had already installed and felt I would just deal with it.

Old 04-02-2019, 08:09 PM
Way Too Old
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default A pair of 2019 FLHCS’s

My wife and I just picked these up last week, we have had motorcycles the whole 53 years of our marriage around 150 or so. It was time to get off the Adventure Bikes and get a little closer to the ground. So far engine and bag guards, gps, radar, sissy bar and rack plus luggage (for hers) solo rack and tail bag (mine), heated grips (a pain in the patooty to install), helmet locks. Looking forward to many road trips this year.
First post on this forum

Old 04-02-2019, 08:13 PM
kenny55
Tourer
Received 94 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Way Too Old
My wife and I just picked these up last week, we have had motorcycles the whole 53 years of our marriage around 150 or so. It was time to get off the Adventure Bikes and get a little closer to the ground. So far engine and bag guards, gps, radar, sissy bar and rack plus luggage (for hers) solo rack and tail bag (mine), heated grips (a pain in the patooty to install), helmet locks. Looking forward to many road trips this year.
First post on this forum
Congrats to you! Wow 150 bikes, you must have a lot of spare parts lying around!

Old 04-03-2019, 08:06 PM
sectime
Tourer
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Way Too Old
First post on this forum
welcome to forum, wish I was in beer distance, you must have some great stories. I’m not happy with my heritage right now, went for a nice early spring ride after switching to a tall boy seat. Tailbone pain is gone, now I can ride a tankful of distance. Today I walked into garage, did the required look at my bike. WTF, oil running down the front pipe at head, looks like a rocker box gasket. Bad bike, bad bike no soup for you.

Old 04-03-2019, 09:08 PM
Way Too Old
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by sectime
welcome to forum, wish I was in beer distance, you must have some great stories. I’m not happy with my heritage right now, went for a nice early spring ride after switching to a tall boy seat. Tailbone pain is gone, now I can ride a tankful of distance. Today I walked into garage, did the required look at my bike. WTF, oil running down the front pipe at head, looks like a rocker box gasket. Bad bike, bad bike no soup for you.
Sorry for your luck, no soup for sure. Spring is hard to get here, biblical rain and flooding yesterday. I’m sure this will pass soon and I’ll be complaining about the heat. Make that leak stop!

Old 04-04-2019, 11:10 AM
FatBob2018
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,228 Likes on 1,267 Posts

Rocker box gasket failure is a known issue, Harley has changed the part #, so your dealer should replace under warranty.

Old 04-04-2019, 08:50 PM
Agoober
Banned
Received 1,004 Likes on 713 Posts

Originally Posted by comanche250
I agree too. Just heads up. I'm glad Harley put it out there and put any potential issue on paper. Whats odd to me is that the touring M8 engine is a dry sump oil lubrication and the softail M8 is a wet sump system. I wouldn't think that a wet sump system would have any "sumping" issue since by design it wouldn't even need a scavenge pump to remove oil from the crankcase. A wet sump system wouldn't have an oil tank to pump oil back into.
The issue seems much more prevalent in the touring M8.
Softails are a dry sump

Peace.

Old 04-04-2019, 11:21 PM
comanche250
Intermediate
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
War

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread