2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 04:48 AM
sire86
Tourer
Received 113 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Way Too Old
The windshield is a 21” “nostalgic” from HD. I painted the backside black, the stock 18” windshield was too low to suite me.
Looks good. What type of paint did you use ?

Old 06-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Way Too Old
6th Gear
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sire86
Looks good. What type of paint did you use ?

I used like 4 light coats.

The following users liked this post:
sire86 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-13-2019, 09:22 PM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser
Received 78 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
I’ve been a picky tuner in the past (dyno, race tuners, etc) and I think my previous bikes have benefited, but I have to say that my stage 2 with SE street tuner runs flawlessly and is among the best of the bunch. I think you’ll be really happy with it and still good on warranty.
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking as well. I even considered getting a set of cannons to keep it all H-D, but these Rineharts... Boy.

Old 06-13-2019, 09:25 PM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by sped
Got a set in the shop now. Trying to muster the courage to add an additional $400+ to the cost for tuning. Did you tune and with what? Glad you like them. I may have to bite the bullet and do it.

Funny thing is last week I rode to the dealership to check out bikes....like I hadn't already, right? In any event on the way I was making a list of what I disliked about my Heritage so I could justify looking at Street/Road Glides. In all honesty I couldn't really come up with much. I've owned 15 bikes in the last 20 years and this may be my favorite. I'm sure I'll move to something else before long as that's my history but for now I'm really loving this bike!
Did you already get them? If you are near DFW I would be glad to meet up and let you hear them in person before buying.

sped (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 04:04 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by TxSpeedster
Yeah, that’s what I’m thinking as well. I even considered getting a set of cannons to keep it all H-D, but these Rineharts... Boy.
Yeah, I put the Canons on....too quiet, but it was late ‘17 and panic was high. I’m partial to the Cobra Neighbor Haters and your Rineharts. The consensus seems to be, if you have the SE tuner, you’re in good shape.

Old 06-14-2019, 04:48 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 911 Likes on 662 Posts

TxSpeedster - since you’ve heard the Bassani True Duals in person, how would describe them compared to your Rineharts for volume and tone?

Old 06-14-2019, 11:03 AM
TxSpeedster
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Thingfish
TxSpeedster - since you’ve heard the Bassani True Duals in person, how would describe them compared to your Rineharts for volume and tone?
IMO

Bassani: Louder volume
Rinehart: Deeper tone

That is not to say Rineharts are not loud or Bassani lacks deep tones. It is simply a comparison of the pipes as I heard them on 18-19 Heritages. Remember that tuning, inserts, baffles, etc, can alter the volume and tone of any exhaust.

Thingfish (06-14-2019)
Old 06-14-2019, 01:48 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Has anyone removed the passenger foot peg brackets. Looks like the nut is welded into the frame. So not sure how they ever get them lined up unless they are using red Loctite. Hard to remove? Haven't tried it as I am afraid I might break the bracket.

Old 06-14-2019, 02:24 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by martin10
Has anyone removed the passenger foot peg brackets. Looks like the nut is welded into the frame. So not sure how they ever get them lined up unless they are using red Loctite. Hard to remove? Haven't tried it as I am afraid I might break the bracket.
Yes, it may not be red but is super strong.

Lots of discussion you can look up in these threads.

Good quality long correct size tork head bit and an impact gun, is what has worked for most. Adding heat can help if you are careful not to damage the surounding area.

I messed up the bolt heads and wound up drilling the heads off and the used a vice grips to turn the bolt shanks...beast of a job.

If you don't have the proper tools, get a shop to do it for you. Will be worth the price, believe me.

Old 06-14-2019, 03:05 PM
martin10
Road Warrior
Received 504 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by FrankEV
Yes, it may not be red but is super strong.

Lots of discussion you can look up in these threads.

Good quality long correct size tork head bit and an impact gun, is what has worked for most. Adding heat can help if you are careful not to damage the surounding area.

I messed up the bolt heads and wound up drilling the heads off and the used a vice grips to turn the bolt shanks...beast of a job.

If you don't have the proper tools, get a shop to do it for you. Will be worth the price, believe me.
Thanks. I got em off. Breaker bar and a lotta force. Guess they did not intend for them to ever come off. Was afraid I was going to break a bolt off.

Thingfish (06-14-2019)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread