The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Flamegirl
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jrporter
Not mine yet, but hope it won't be too long.....

I picked up mine last Friday. The paint just glows in the sunlight. I love it.

Old 09-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Buster217
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 160 Posts
Default grasshopper backrest

Originally Posted by FrankEV
My Grasshopper back rest was usless with my Reach seat. They sent be a new on with an extention built into the slip in plate at no cost. I just sent the oroginal back to them. Made a world of difference.
Frank, can you please describe in more detail what they did to the backrest and/or post a pic? I have one also and I think it could fit a little better to my back. thx

Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Buster217
Frank, can you please describe in more detail what they did to the backrest and/or post a pic? I have one also and I think it could fit a little better to my back. thx
Don't know what the original dimensions were, but this is what Lonnie did for me. He extended the plate to 3" from the backrest to the bend in the plate.

You can see how the backrest sits above the rear of the seat where my back is..

I sent Lonnie pics showing where the back rest was located in respect to where my back was in my riding position. He sent me this one within a week. My cost was the price of shipping the original bact to him.

Last edited by FrankEV; 09-12-2018 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Buster217 (09-13-2018)
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by army_eod
Interesting in that I have the same seat/rest combo and it is perfect. I run stock bars.
So with a little tinkering (drilled and tapped a hole in the bracket's 'slot' so I can pull the seat 'tab' out a bit and 'pinch' it in place to make it reach my back) I can agree, it's a pretty comfy set up now!

Just gotta find a nice short thumb screw so I don't need my allan keys every time I want to remove it

Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
Just gotta find a nice short thumb screw so I don't need my allan keys every time I want to remove it
Don't know what size hole and tap you did, but if the right size a passenger seat rear hold down OEM screw with the coin slot head would probably work great. Nearly flat.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 PM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

Just an M5 - it's the largest tap I had!

I've found some 8mm long M5 thumb screws (which is all the length needed) on eBay which will work perfect and only cost about $3

Old 09-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Philzy
Novice
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IanMass
Hi Newbie here
Went from 2010 fatboy to 2018 Heritage getting delivered this week. Anyone have success with VH slips, not want to mod air/fuel mixt. Thanks.
I put a set of those on the other day and think they sound great on this bike. I took the bike out yesterday using the stock intake for a 200 mile ride. They sounded great, not too loud and not so much as a single pop. Much quieter than one my previous rides. This is my third set. I had them on my Victory Vegas and my Indian Scout Bobber. Much louder on those bikes. Each bike sounded a little different but the Scout was way too loud forcing me to install quiet baffles.

I picked up a new intake and an FP3 when I bought the pipes but haven't installed them yet. I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.

Old 09-14-2018, 07:19 AM
not_so_newb
Elite HDF Member
Received 822 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by Philzy
I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.
just askin' ... wouldn't the 2018 map work ? i haven't heard of any changes other than the color between the 18's and the 19's .

edit: i understand V&H would be reluctant to say they work without having actually tested everything .

Last edited by not_so_newb; 09-14-2018 at 07:21 AM.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:33 AM
IanMass
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Philzy
I put a set of those on the other day and think they sound great on this bike. I took the bike out yesterday using the stock intake for a 200 mile ride. They sounded great, not too loud and not so much as a single pop. Much quieter than one my previous rides. This is my third set. I had them on my Victory Vegas and my Indian Scout Bobber. Much louder on those bikes. Each bike sounded a little different but the Scout was way too loud forcing me to install quiet baffles.

I picked up a new intake and an FP3 when I bought the pipes but haven't installed them yet. I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.
Thanks, I ended up doing Rineharts with a stage 1 at the dealer, picking up tomorrow hope it's loud enough, but not too loud

Old 09-14-2018, 04:06 PM
tx freebird
Cruiser
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
Default New Heritage in the garage

I brought this home yesterday after the initial 100 mikes. I still have some tinkering to do for fit and function, but experienced less buffeting at 70+ mph than I had expected based on this thread. I am pretty sure this is the first H-D I ever rode home with a bone stock engine, but my previous experience with the touring Milwaukee 8 was positive, The fun begins now.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread