Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread

 
  #931  
Old 09-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Flamegirl's Avatar
Flamegirl
Flamegirl is offline
New Member
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 18
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jrporter View Post
Not mine yet, but hope it won't be too long.....

I picked up mine last Friday. The paint just glows in the sunlight. I love it.
 
  #932  
Old 09-12-2018, 02:07 PM
Buster217's Avatar
Buster217
Buster217 is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Portland
Posts: 417
Received 159 Likes on 84 Posts
Default grasshopper backrest

Originally Posted by FrankEV View Post
My Grasshopper back rest was usless with my Reach seat. They sent be a new on with an extention built into the slip in plate at no cost. I just sent the oroginal back to them. Made a world of difference.
Frank, can you please describe in more detail what they did to the backrest and/or post a pic? I have one also and I think it could fit a little better to my back. thx
 
  #933  
Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
FrankEV's Avatar
FrankEV
FrankEV is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,037
Received 287 Likes on 216 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Buster217 View Post
Frank, can you please describe in more detail what they did to the backrest and/or post a pic? I have one also and I think it could fit a little better to my back. thx
Don't know what the original dimensions were, but this is what Lonnie did for me. He extended the plate to 3" from the backrest to the bend in the plate.



You can see how the backrest sits above the rear of the seat where my back is..

I sent Lonnie pics showing where the back rest was located in respect to where my back was in my riding position. He sent me this one within a week. My cost was the price of shipping the original bact to him.
 

Last edited by FrankEV; 09-12-2018 at 06:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Buster217 (09-13-2018)
  #934  
Old 09-13-2018, 08:09 AM
stinkerbill's Avatar
stinkerbill
stinkerbill is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 404
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by army_eod View Post
Interesting in that I have the same seat/rest combo and it is perfect. I run stock bars.
So with a little tinkering (drilled and tapped a hole in the bracket's 'slot' so I can pull the seat 'tab' out a bit and 'pinch' it in place to make it reach my back) I can agree, it's a pretty comfy set up now!

Just gotta find a nice short thumb screw so I don't need my allan keys every time I want to remove it
 
  #935  
Old 09-13-2018, 09:13 AM
FrankEV's Avatar
FrankEV
FrankEV is offline
Road Master
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Ormond Beach, Florida
Posts: 1,037
Received 287 Likes on 216 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stinkerbill View Post
Just gotta find a nice short thumb screw so I don't need my allan keys every time I want to remove it
Don't know what size hole and tap you did, but if the right size a passenger seat rear hold down OEM screw with the coin slot head would probably work great. Nearly flat.
 
  #936  
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 PM
stinkerbill's Avatar
stinkerbill
stinkerbill is offline
Senior Rider
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 404
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Default

Just an M5 - it's the largest tap I had!

I've found some 8mm long M5 thumb screws (which is all the length needed) on eBay which will work perfect and only cost about $3
 
  #937  
Old 09-13-2018, 05:58 PM
Philzy's Avatar
Philzy
Philzy is offline
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Lake Chelan, WA
Posts: 21
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by IanMass View Post
Hi Newbie here
Went from 2010 fatboy to 2018 Heritage getting delivered this week. Anyone have success with VH slips, not want to mod air/fuel mixt. Thanks.
I put a set of those on the other day and think they sound great on this bike. I took the bike out yesterday using the stock intake for a 200 mile ride. They sounded great, not too loud and not so much as a single pop. Much quieter than one my previous rides. This is my third set. I had them on my Victory Vegas and my Indian Scout Bobber. Much louder on those bikes. Each bike sounded a little different but the Scout was way too loud forcing me to install quiet baffles.

I picked up a new intake and an FP3 when I bought the pipes but haven't installed them yet. I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.

 
  #938  
Old 09-14-2018, 07:19 AM
not_so_newb
not_so_newb is offline
Outstanding HDF Member
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Toronto Canada
Posts: 3,092
Received 283 Likes on 184 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Philzy View Post
I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.
just askin' ... wouldn't the 2018 map work ? i haven't heard of any changes other than the color between the 18's and the 19's .


edit: i understand V&H would be reluctant to say they work without having actually tested everything .
 

Last edited by not_so_newb; 09-14-2018 at 07:21 AM.
  #939  
Old 09-14-2018, 09:33 AM
IanMass's Avatar
IanMass
IanMass is offline
New Member
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 11
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Philzy View Post
I put a set of those on the other day and think they sound great on this bike. I took the bike out yesterday using the stock intake for a 200 mile ride. They sounded great, not too loud and not so much as a single pop. Much quieter than one my previous rides. This is my third set. I had them on my Victory Vegas and my Indian Scout Bobber. Much louder on those bikes. Each bike sounded a little different but the Scout was way too loud forcing me to install quiet baffles.

I picked up a new intake and an FP3 when I bought the pipes but haven't installed them yet. I spoke with V&H customer service prior to buying the FP3 to make sure it would work with my 2019 FLHCS and was told it would. Well, I found out Tuesday that wasn't necessarily true as V&H hasn't bothered to post any maps as of yet. I called them back yesterday and was told it may be a month or two before the maps are available because they didn't have a bike yet to test the maps on. To V&H's credit, they offered to take the FP3 back and send me a brand new one that I could then send back to Revzilla for a refund.
Thanks, I ended up doing Rineharts with a stage 1 at the dealer, picking up tomorrow hope it's loud enough, but not too loud
 
  #940  
Old 09-14-2018, 04:06 PM
tx freebird's Avatar
tx freebird
tx freebird is offline
One Of The Regulars
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Texas Hill Country
Posts: 162
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default New Heritage in the garage

I brought this home yesterday after the initial 100 mikes. I still have some tinkering to do for fit and function, but experienced less buffeting at 70+ mph than I had expected based on this thread. I am pretty sure this is the first H-D I ever rode home with a bone stock engine, but my previous experience with the touring Milwaukee 8 was positive, The fun begins now.




 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: