Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:24 PM
EastEnder
4th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Buddy Shagmore

The 2-tone stands out more naked.
Looks incredible in that Color Buddy. That's how I would ride it most of the time too, except maybe I'd remove the passenger seat as well.
That's why I like the heritage so much (naked or with bags and windshield on a trip). Congrats on a nice looking ride

Old 02-23-2019, 12:16 PM
jcn
Novice
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I recognized the rock in the picture and your location confirms... That's at Red Rock? My local dealer as well, bought my Iron 883 there. Will upgrade to a Softail soon just waiting for this snow to melt to test ride a few! Who did you work with there?

Old 02-23-2019, 09:51 PM
Buster217
Road Captain
Received 311 Likes on 160 Posts

I changed out my windshield for a Long Ride 16" re-curve. I had an old shield that I'd cut down to 13" with one of those Memphis Shades venturi wing add-ons - total height was about 14". It worked well, but it was old and had spent a couple years outside so I wanted something that looks a bit nicer. Saw the Long Ride shields on sale a couple weeks ago and ordered one. It's about 1.5" higher than the previous setup but I can still see over it fine. I think the additional height gives me a little more wind protection. Got it on today and took it out for a ride. I got up to 75 mph and with no earplugs the wind noise was tolerable and buffeting is nonexistent. I've got fork fangs too, which help a lot. I also added hand shields the other day. Doubtful they help on the wind noise or buffeting but they do help keep my hands warmer. I don't care for the looks, so they're coming off as soon as daytime temps get over 50.

Old 02-24-2019, 03:41 PM
MoBillyAla
Tourer

Received 116 Likes on 63 Posts
Default 2019 flhcs

2019 FLHCS
Picked up a 2019 FLHCS, kept my Sportster too. The difference in ride experience is pretty big. Love the raw riding experience of the Sportster, but this Heritage is amazingly smooth and balanced. I'm 5'9" and not really experiencing buffeting like others have mentioned.

Old 02-24-2019, 05:04 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

HD replaced my speedometer last year due to condensation under the glass when it was hot and sunny. Today it happened to the second one - it had been fine for about a year. Guess I'll be asking for another new one. Anybody know if the speedo that has all the colored lights will fit the 18 Heritage? If so I'll ask for that one.

Old 02-24-2019, 06:01 PM
Dan D.
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,717 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by uklauren
HD replaced my speedometer last year due to condensation under the glass when it was hot and sunny. Today it happened to the second one - it had been fine for about a year. Guess I'll be asking for another new one. Anybody know if the speedo that has all the colored lights will fit the 18 Heritage? If so I'll ask for that one.
They all do that... You'll never get away from it.

Old 02-25-2019, 05:40 AM
FrankEV
Road Warrior
Received 799 Likes on 500 Posts

Anybody know if the speedo that has all the colored lights will fit the 18 Heritage?
No they don't. Have searched and searched. No direct replacement available for the stock Speedo. Digital Dakota does make one that will fit but does not have all the same functions.

The following users liked this post:
uklauren (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 06:35 PM
pigfoot63
Tourer
Received 81 Likes on 47 Posts
Default Upper Clutch Cable stock length

Originally Posted by pigfoot63
Anyone know what the length of part number 37200218 is. I have the part numbers of some of the extended lengths but am having trouble finding length of the stock cable.
Found it 33", works well with 3 1/2 in. pullback risers.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:59 AM
Triple M
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Get a Grip Hand Grips thicker in the middle and have great connection with your hands to gloves.

Black Saddlebag Guards also protect the bags and bike from any lay down.

Crotch Cooler http://www.capt-itch.com

Fangs https://jescustomaccents.com/2018-P-...FatBoy_c50.htm

Bar and Shield Leather Windshield Bag. It holds your phone, garage door openers and any small tool and paper work.

Engine Guard Kit. This helps protect the bike from any lay down. I highly recommend it.

Old 03-02-2019, 01:44 PM
PsychoDevilDog
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same issue with my guage. But it doesn't look like moisture when you take a closer look (at least on mine anyway).
Mine looks more like a hazy film on the inside of the glass. Only appears when the sun is on it for a while but the weather is just warm/cool enough to need a light jacket while riding. Every time I tried to show my dealer it doesn't show.

Quick Reply: The Everything 2018+ Heritage Thread