2018+ Softail Models Breakout

(On the fence) Stage 2 Torque kit for 2018 slim

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2019, 07:54 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrizzo
Ok, bike wa slicked up today even with ice covered driveway and roads. The dealer is installing the torque stage 2 kit, SC slip ons, pro tuner, heated grips(f-you winter) new mirrors, and a windshield for longer trips(f you SD winds. I don’t like shields but 30-50 mph winds here suck) they also placed an order for a legends air ride to lower and make it adjustable. I was going to go with the kit you did LIMike but I missed the air ride from my Roadking so said screw it. Legend kit should be in next week they said. Now just need to have my leg finish recovering and summer to get here....or move like I’m planning
Hey that’s great new Vrizzo!! Definitely keep us posted on the progress. I actually spoke to mike my local HD dealer today about doing a 200mm rear tire conversion or some custom wheels with the stage 2 and blackout motor kit. I was supposed to do the stage 2 kit a month ago but things kinda got hung up so I decided to take the bike and get some riding time in before brining it back for the kit. They did the bats and rear shock. Now I’m ready for more work so I will most likely be doing the stage 2 very soon. Just need to decide if I’m going to be doing rims with it or not?

Old 01-02-2019, 08:01 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

I hate, HATE spokes. Sadly I’ve had them in every bike I’ve had. I was angry the dealer took the stock rims off my RK custom before I bought it and put the low profile spikes on it to show off since they were new that year. I would have had to pay to put stock back on so left them and just added spoke milled rotors. That made a big difference and is way more affordable. I said my next bike would have some nice rims. Then I got the slim lol. I was going to pull them off but to be honest they look too right for the bike to me so I will do the rotors again I’m thinking but going with the floating black spoke I’m thinking. I still hate spokes.....

Old 01-02-2019, 08:21 PM
LIMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Vrizzo
I hate, HATE spokes. Sadly I’ve had them in every bike I’ve had. I was angry the dealer took the stock rims off my RK custom before I bought it and put the low profile spikes on it to show off since they were new that year. I would have had to pay to put stock back on so left them and just added spoke milled rotors. That made a big difference and is way more affordable. I said my next bike would have some nice rims. Then I got the slim lol. I was going to pull them off but to be honest they look too right for the bike to me so I will do the rotors again I’m thinking but going with the floating black spoke I’m thinking. I still hate spokes.....
Thats funny, I also was looking to go with something other then spokes this bike. The slim just looks it’s best in my opinion with spoked wheels. I almost went with the 18 Fatboy.... actually my wife who doesn’t ride or have any interest in bikes what so ever was asking Mike the owner of my local HD dealer (What about the fat boy) I had one in the past and she new how much I really loved that bike. I decided to go with the slim. Definitely more of the look and ride I was looking for. I know a lot of guys do the fat spoke wheels but I really think they look good on the slim. Probably go with the 50 spoke and matching calipers and sprocket (all black)

Old 01-02-2019, 08:29 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced

I hear ya on the Fatboy. I always wanted on as I grew up with my dad on one always. They had an anniversary one when I got my slim and I thought about it for just a sec because of the paint job but I don’t care for the new look. The slim breaks down to a stripped fatboy in my eyes so it wasn’t a match up. Also with my leg I needed a lighter lower bike but didn’t want to go down to the sportsters. If I was going larger I would have returned to the King hands down so the slim was a perfect fit for me now

and I can definitely see fat spokes on one. I really want to add some red to mine somehow to balance the colors. I still am up in the air on bars. I love the look of yours but cant ride apes that high. I know the have the low version and may consider them. I think my arm can handle the height of them.

sucks getting injured and trying to get the bike to match right lol. Small price to pay still thou to me

Old 01-02-2019, 10:33 PM
ktp1598
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 62 Posts

Following as I may go stage 2 on my Lowrider later in the spring. I have a Powervision so the tune might be slightly different.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:54 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,702 Likes on 1,096 Posts

For what it is worth, I had a HD tech tell me my warranty would NOT be voided because of the V&H Pro Pipe I had HD install when I bought my new '17 Fatboy S.

Then again, it's true they can pretty much do whatever they want to when it gets right down to it.

Old 01-03-2019, 06:14 PM
LIMike
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tmac00333
For what it is worth, I had a HD tech tell me my warranty would NOT be voided because of the V&H Pro Pipe I had HD install when I bought my new '17 Fatboy S.

Then again, it's true they can pretty much do whatever they want to when it gets right down to it.
Yes, The owner of my local HD dealer that I purchased my 18 slim from also installed V&H big radius pipes for me. He assured me it would not affect my warranty but if I went with a non Harley tuner he cant make any promises. He also said that he would always take care of me and I’m sure they would but I just don’t want to put them in that situation as well. I have been running the Screaming eagle smart tune pro. I’m very happy with it so far

Old 01-03-2019, 06:23 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced

Yep, my dealer said the same for warranty.
I’ve heard good things with the SE pro tuner so far. Summer needs to hurry so o can see how mine does....or I can just find out I got the new job so I can move away from this place and get more riding in again. Lol

Old 01-06-2019, 08:55 PM
LIMike
Road Captain

Well I’m still on the fence about what wheels to go with so I’m thinking about just pullin the trigger on the complete motor blackout kit and stage 2 upgrade for now. I think new wheels are a must, I just haven’t found anything that jumps out at me. I’ll know when I see them

Old 01-06-2019, 09:17 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced

I’m a sucker for chrome and balance but I must say the blacked out motor with just the chrome middle bi of the heads looks sweet. Had I seen that before I chromed mine I may have gone that way.

Quick Reply: (On the fence) Stage 2 Torque kit for 2018 slim