2018+ Softail Models Breakout

(On the fence) Stage 2 Torque kit for 2018 slim

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 10:09 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

So the dealer said they should be finished with my bike late tomorrow and it was on the dyno as I was talking to them to get a base line to compare to after the stage 2. I’m glad they are doing a before and after test. Will be nice to see the difference and I’ll post them so everyone can see with all SE parts what you get. Hopefully that will help some even if it shows I should have gone a different way lol

Old 01-10-2019, 05:00 AM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrizzo
So the dealer said they should be finished with my bike late tomorrow and it was on the dyno as I was talking to them to get a base line to compare to after the stage 2. I’m glad they are doing a before and after test. Will be nice to see the difference and I’ll post them so everyone can see with all SE parts what you get. Hopefully that will help some even if it shows I should have gone a different way lol
Thats awesome!! Nothing like the first ride after some motor work. Definitly keep us posted. Very much looking forward to seeing the before and after results.

Old 01-11-2019, 01:23 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced

So just got the call and my bikes done. They managed to run the legends air ride wires in the bars with just a small loop and that took them some time since every wire had to be stripped and ran independently. But the increase for the stage 2 with SE slip ons, exstream air intake and pro tuner look to be as followed:
HP:
stock on dyno was 88.1
stage 2 on dyno was 98.8
TQ:
stock on dyno was 99.7
stage 2 on dyno was 109.6

funny the stock numbers when you look at the numbers from HD. But basically 10 increase on both. I’ll be stopping by later to check the air ride and sound of the pipes. I’m really wishing I would have done a full system but the wife’s a stickler for the way the stock pips looked and staying emissions compliant since we move a lot and may end up in CA. And the bike will end up hers once we see how my leg go so I gave in on them.

anyways hope this helps some out

The following users liked this post:
badcooky (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 08:01 PM
badcooky
Banned
Received 473 Likes on 370 Posts

Yea it does man.
Nice pick up on those numbers too man.
Cheers..

Old 01-12-2019, 11:41 AM
Vrizzo
Advanced

Looks like I wrote the numbers over the phone wrong. Here’s the paper now that I got to go see the bike.
P.s. the air rides sick and the SE pipes actually sound really good. Not crazy loud but deep note and plenty loud to sound like a real bike

Old 01-12-2019, 12:18 PM
betho61
Tourer
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by LIMike
Ok, I decided to pull the trigger and called my local HD dealer today and setup my stage 2 appointment. They put me in for the 27th of this month! Now I just need to decided if I’m going to blackout the rest of the motor or keep a little chrome. I aleady blacked out the primary and I’m kinda happy with the way it looks now. The kit comes with either black or chrome adjustable pushrods. I figured if they have the motor apart maybe it would be a good time to replace the upper and lower rocker box covers in black with the tappet covers, cam cover and transmission covers in black.... that would look pretty good I think. I just have to decide by tomorrow because th are ordering the parts.

Hey Mac-427, yes I understand what you are saying and definitely could appreciate that! The bike definitely has a good amount of power now, especially after the work that has been done...............but it could always use a little more
Good decision, I also want to do a stage ll tq cam install, but waiting on funds, do you mind me asking what the dealer is going to charge you for it?
And i will be waiting for your feedback on how you like it. Thanks

Old 01-12-2019, 07:18 PM
badcooky
Banned

Looks like I wrote the numbers over the phone wrong. Here’s the paper now that I got to go see the bike.
P.s. the air rides sick and the SE pipes actually sound really good. Not crazy loud but deep note and plenty loud to sound like a real bike
Good pick up man ,bet she feels better now .

Old 01-12-2019, 08:25 PM
Vrizzo
Advanced

I’m sure I will be once summer hits. Winters in SD are a bit much for riding and I’m recovering from foot surgery. But it’s all ready for me to go once I get the chance

Old 01-12-2019, 08:33 PM
badcooky
Banned

I’m sure I will be once summer hits. Winters in SD are a bit much for riding and I’m recovering from foot surgery. But it’s all ready for me to go once I get the chance
Can you shuffle to the garage and make vroom vroom noises,with the bike of course,we can make vroom vroom noises anywhere without the bike right ha ha.

Old 01-13-2019, 07:37 AM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Those are some really nice gains!!! I still haven’t brought my bike in for the kit yet. I had them ordered me some ride wright wheels. Probably do the kit when I bring it in for the wheel install. I’m still riding now even though its 30 degrees or less outside. I just try and do as little highway riding as I can this time of year if I can help it. I have to say after seeing your results I’m definitely excited to get this kit moving along

Originally Posted by badcooky
Can you shuffle to the garage and make vroom vroom noises,with the bike of course,we can make vroom vroom noises anywhere without the bike right ha ha.
yes, I’m with you badcooky, it’s always fun to make vroom vroom noises!!! That’s just another reason why I would stay away from the live wire...... I’m not that good at making the buzzing noise (probably sound silly trying)

Quick Reply: (On the fence) Stage 2 Torque kit for 2018 slim