2018+ Softail Models Breakout

(On the fence) Stage 2 Torque kit for 2018 slim

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Mchad
Club Member
Received 3,510 Likes on 2,133 Posts

Wow, TBH i’d expect more then 10ftlb gains from an a/c, exhaust AND a cam. Though the HP # is nice (odd for a “torque” cam lol) That’s pretty close to what a stage 1 used to give me on my TC’s. Though that was with a Power Vision and a full exhaust and not just slip-ons (I think that’s where the big gains came from honestly). I suppose there’s more to be had once warranty is up and we’re not shackled to the SEPST and open to other pipes.

Then again, the torque cam, while may not make huge number gains, definitely moves the curve to where we want it, which gives a real seat of the pants increase. At least thats what I remember from the month I had my stage 2 FLFBS lol...

Last edited by Mchad; 01-13-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2019, 09:47 AM
Vrizzo
Advanced
Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Mchad
Wow, TBH i’d expect more then 10ftlb gains from an a/c, exhaust AND a cam. Though the HP # is nice (odd for a “torque” cam lol) That’s pretty close to what a stage 1 used to give me on my TC’s. Though that was with a Power Vision and a full exhaust and not just slip-ons (I think that’s where the big gains came from honestly). I suppose there’s more to be had once warranty is up and we’re not shackled to the SEPST and open to other pipes.

Then again, the torque cam, while may not make huge number gains, definitely moves the curve to where we want it, which gives a real seat of the pants increase. At least thats what I remember from the month I had my stage 2 FLFBS lol...
On the HP gain it’s inline to Harley’s charts if you look it up. Even with the HP cams it doesn’t go much more and the Tq doesn’t go to the gain of the TQ kit so I’m not sure why they bother with a HP kit in the first place. And ya you can push more I’m sure with a ful exhaust especially a 2 to 1 and other upgrades. Being the bike wasn’t under powered in the first places I’m sure the gain and shift will be great. Hell I remember when a 750 was a big engine lol.

And Lmike,
i wish I could get on still in the winter like that! We have so much snow and a ton of ice on the road I can’t even make it out of the driveway to get to the street! Very jealous.

Old 01-13-2019, 08:23 PM
LIMike
Road Captain
Received 366 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by Vrizzo

And Lmike,
i wish I could get on still in the winter like that! We have so much snow and a ton of ice on the road I can’t even make it out of the driveway to get to the street! Very jealous.
Hey Vrizzo, yes it has been a longer season so far this year. I usually put the bike away after they start salting the streets. I don’t mind the cold but definitely mind the salt sitting on my paint all winter long. We were supposed to get a big storm today but it just missed us. I was able to get a quick 20 mile ride in today before the family had me heading out with them to do some shopping. They are saying next weekend we won’t be so lucky.