2018+ Softail Models Breakout

When are the aftermarket companies gonna start making stuff for the M8 softies?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 07:47 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,939 Likes on 2,294 Posts

Originally Posted by 58jdn58@gmail.com
Some of the shipping rates are rediculous. I've bought stuff ya could put in an envelope with a 50¢ stamp and had to pay $7.
Originally Posted by Oz Gary
I have just ordered parts from DK and had them shipped to PA to a buddy who will be in Australia later this month. Would have been about $100 AU if shipped here. Over in the states you are lucky to have a thriving market and shipping is just one of those things. All up a $75 US purchase would have cost me $200 AU. Not having a go at anyone but I wish we had manufactures like DK, keep up the innovations they are great
Yeah, shipping just keeps getting more and more expensive!

USPS rates are going up again at the end of this month. Some of the more popular packages are having close to a 10% rate increase!

One thing we do automatically, and is included in our pricing, is insure every package. With very few exceptions, we do not use 1st class mail, it is slow and not easily insured. We find that Priority mail, insured, is usually the fastest and least expensive way to ship...sometimes, not often, insured UPS is less expensive. Uninsured & under insured packages have a higher possibility of being lost or damaged...when that happens no one is a happy camper, so everything is fully insured.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 01-07-2019, 12:59 PM
SupremeHD
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by DK Custom
Within a month we will have the M8 Softail version of the Stealth Adjustable Highway Peg Kit on our website.

Been working on them for a few months, going into the production que next week.
finally! please update us when these are available.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 12:08 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by SupremeHD
finally! please update us when these are available.

Will do!

Old 01-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

Will do!
How will the peg adapters work in terms of the pegs being spring loaded? Will you loose the spring, and they are just fixed down.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:00 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hdbkstl
How will the peg adapters work in terms of the pegs being spring loaded? Will you loose the spring, and they are just fixed down.
With the DK Footpeg Adapters you receive spring washers as part of the kit. These keep the pegs in the down position when you put them down, and they keep them in the up (folded up) position when you fold them up. This is the same way pegs have worked on Harleys for decades. The spring/ball-bearing/detent method found on the M8 Softail pegs is no longer needed.

You can see how easy this is in the instructions at this LINK.

Old 01-10-2019, 03:06 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by Chonk
Mr. D.K. Custom,

How about a set that brings the boards out and back for us a little more short of inseam? Don’t worry about shifter and brake, just need more positive purchase on the boards so they don’t feel like they’re gonna fly off at speed.

Thanks.

Chonk
I spoke with Devin (the "D" in DK) about making some that would pull the floorboards back. How much further back would you want them? Anybody that would like this, please email me at Kevin@DKCustomProducts.com and let me know you would, and how far back. After I get emails for a week or so we'll look at what everyone is wanting and make some up.

Old 01-10-2019, 07:25 AM
Hdbkstl
Road Master
Received 316 Likes on 187 Posts

With the DK Footpeg Adapters you receive spring washers as part of the kit. These keep the pegs in the down position when you put them down, and they keep them in the up (folded up) position when you fold them up. This is the same way pegs have worked on Harleys for decades. The spring/ball-bearing/detent method found on the M8 Softail pegs is no longer needed.

You can see how easy this is in the instructions at this LINK.
sounds good. This is my first Harley, so i am still learning the ins and outs. I want to run some mini boards on my breakout, and this is just what I needed.

The following users liked this post:
DK Custom (01-10-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 04:54 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Received 213 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by OldMike
I want a solo seat with removable backrest.
I want highway pegs. (foldable)
Thats an Ultimate Seat with removable backrest on the my Dux.

Old 01-19-2019, 02:23 AM
Chonk
Cruiser
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

I spoke with Devin (the "D" in DK) about making some that would pull the floorboards back. How much further back would you want them? Anybody that would like this, please email me at Kevin@DKCustomProducts.com and let me know you would, and how far back. After I get emails for a week or so we'll look at what everyone is wanting and make some up.
Sorry for for taking so long I respond.

No more than maybe 2-3 inches back would probably work well for me. I have your kit to move the floorboards out but have not had time to try them.

Thank you for considering doing this, email coming.

Chonk

Old 01-19-2019, 02:45 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

Originally Posted by sumncguy
Thats an Ultimate Seat with removable backrest on the my Dux.
I just emailed Ultimate, I don't see a seat for the Low Rider or Sport Glide yet. I'm hoping they are working on it and hoping it's not too wide. I'd like to see something less than 14" wide for my Low Rider, so far Saddlemen has one (Renegade 818-29-002LS) but out of stock everywhere and no back rest or passenger pad for it.

Quick Reply: When are the aftermarket companies gonna start making stuff for the M8 softies?