Utilmate Seat for 2018 Heritage, need reviews - Page 2 - Harley Davidson Forums

Go Back  Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Motorcycles > 2018+ Softail Models
Reload this Page >

Utilmate Seat for 2018 Heritage, need reviews

Notices
2018+ Softail Models Breakout

Utilmate Seat for 2018 Heritage, need reviews

Old 01-08-2019, 07:51 AM
Yzzyx
One Of The Regulars

Originally Posted by uklauren View Post
Yes Yes Yes. Love mine. The stock seat was killing me, I couldn't ride more than 30 minutes before my tailbone hurt so bad.
The picture for the Ultimate seat looks like it would kill your tail bone. I don't see a relief or channel in that area.

Are you saying it is more comfortable than the stock seat in the tail bone area?

Old 01-09-2019, 08:26 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator

Originally Posted by Yzzyx View Post
The picture for the Ultimate seat looks like it would kill your tail bone. I don't see a relief or channel in that area.

Are you saying it is more comfortable than the stock seat in the tail bone area?
yes much more comfortable, nothing is 100% better for me, even sitting on a chair, my car seat, movie and airplane seats cause problems, but way better than the original stock seat which I think caused quite a flare up.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:51 PM
pigfoot63
One Of The Regulars

Seat arrived late today, If I can get a break in the weather will do some riding tomorrow.

Old 01-10-2019, 11:59 AM
13 Fatboy

Have one on my Fatboy and the pillion for my wife, both love it. Riding with the backrest is awesome. Hope you enjoy yours as well.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:38 PM
pigfoot63
One Of The Regulars

Got in a 31 degree 50 mile run this morning seat rode much better than the stock Heritage.
I guess I should have wore my heated gear and went a little farther.
Seat looks like it will be a keeper. Got a few more days to ride on their dime.

Old 01-19-2019, 08:19 PM
sumncguy
Road Warrior

Yeah had them on my Hondas .. my Yammys and on my Softail Deluxe. The only thing I dont like is the back rest should either be angled for more adjustment or the pad cut in half.
The difference is really the thickness of the armor in my jacket. Other than that, In my opinion this is the best seat on the market. I ridden very long hours on them. Oh .. another downside is they are a little pricey.

Old 01-19-2019, 10:40 PM
pigfoot63
One Of The Regulars

So far I am very happy with this seat, customer service has been great. Where the seat bolts down in the rear the stock hold down ***** rubbed the back of seat.
I called and Ultimate and they sent me out some chrome acorn nuts that they use also sent out a new bracket for the seat because of some blemishes in the powered coating.
As far as the back rest I do agree with you about the angle, I needed a little more so I just removed the adjusting bolt and it is better now.

Search this Thread
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: